My Blood Is Blue

Chelsea 5 Chesterfield 1

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our FA Cup match against Chesterfield at Stamford Bridge before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 17:30 hours on Saturday, 8th January 2022 (Local UK time/date). Live on BBC Red Button/BBC iPlayer.

7 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Fully rotated team to ensure 100% fresh legs for the return leg against Spurs?

Yeah, has to be, although I’m not sure who is even fit to be rotated in. I think it’s a case of picking the freshest 11 at this point. Remarkable what Tuchel is doing with the squad in its current situation.

Kepa

Sarr
Christensen
Rudiger

Pulisic
Saul
RLC
CHO

Barkley
Werner
Vale

Although, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a few more U23s get a start.

• Like 1

paulw66   
2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Yeah, has to be, although I’m not sure who is even fit to be rotated in. I think it’s a case of picking the freshest 11 at this point. Remarkable what Tuchel is doing with the squad in its current situation.

Kepa

Sarr
Christensen
Rudiger

Pulisic
Saul
RLC
CHO

Barkley
Werner
Vale

Although, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a few more U23s get a start.

I think Werner is nailed on. I'd also play Lukaku as he can hardly be worn out. A game and a couple of goals might serve him well.

Saul, RLC and Sarr I would say have to start. Probably another back 4, depending on fitness, but I can't see Azpi playing, not Silva or Chalobah. 

5 minutes ago, Diddymen said:

So Kante and Silva have Covid. Can they return for the second leg against the Spuds?

Self-Isolation is now 7 days, so technically they will be allowed to play in the 2nd leg yes (assuming they start testing negative in the latter days of the isolation period). 

• Thanks 1

asvaberg   

Chesterfield is an "interesting" opponent.

Our first game against them was in our very first year, 1905, and they won 1-0 at the Bridge - 10.000 spectators.

We haven't played them since Roy Bentley scored twice against them in 1950 at SB - FA Cup 5th round replay and a massive 59.660 people in the stands.

image.png.029358e1d95f591d5f13f7727a219460.png

Edited by asvaberg

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

I think Werner is nailed on. I'd also play Lukaku as he can hardly be worn out. A game and a couple of goals might serve him well.

Saul, RLC and Sarr I would say have to start. Probably another back 4, depending on fitness, but I can't see Azpi playing, not Silva or Chalobah. 

I'd like to go back 4, but I struggle to see how we play it without Azpi and Alonso unless we ask some wingers to play fullback. I don't even know if we have 3 fit CBs fit either to be fair.

We really do need a week off!

paulw66   
20 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I'd like to go back 4, but I struggle to see how we play it without Azpi and Alonso unless we ask some wingers to play fullback. I don't even know if we have 3 fit CBs fit either to be fair.

We really do need a week off!

and now we have another midweek on the 18th! 

Diddymen   
6 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

and now we have another midweek on the 18th! 

This is ridiculous!. So we play on Saturday against Man City (away) and then on Tuesday against Brighton (away). Surely someone at the club has to say something.

Thats 7 games in January FFS!