My Blood Is Blue

Chelsea 5 Chesterfield 1

Sciatika   
14 hours ago, Everyonesallowedanopinion said:

Lewis baker looks crap

I thought he struggled too. When did he become a CB?

Ham   
55 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

I thought he struggled too. When did he become a CB?

I felt sorry for him. Imagine the pressure he must have felt. 26 years old and previously only played 3 minutes for the first team. Endless loans and then outshone by a 17 year old before he even came on. 

32 minutes ago, Ham said:

I felt sorry for him. Imagine the pressure he must have felt. 26 years old and previously only played 3 minutes for the first team. Endless loans and then outshone by a 17 year old before he even came on. 

I felt pleased for him.  We have known since long before his injuries that he was perhaps Championship level at best (which in the terms of a wannabe footballer is quite a success).  The club has been very decent to him in continuing his contract, though I suspect at a much lower level than when he was 20/21.  He has been able to help the club and it won't hurt having a 2nd appearance for us in getting a new club.

He is not RLC trying to prove he is what he hoped to be 6 years ago.  He is just trying to find a permanent role as a professional footballer doing a job that they all seem to love.

• Like 1

asvaberg   

Home game against Plymouth next :)

16 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

Home game against Plymouth next :)

Lovely. Can rest everyone ahead of the Club World Cup shenanigans. And the week before this match is a free rest weekend (although they might schedule the Arsenal game for that?). 

Edit: Hold on. The game might not take place on the same weekend as the other ties. The Club have said this:

"The ties are set to take place across the weekend of February 4 and February 7. Due to our involvement in the Club World Cup, a date for our fixture will be confirmed in due course."

Edited by CarefreeMuratcan