Bettinelli

Xavier -       Sarri -      Hall

Vale -                               - MacEachran

RLC -      Barkley   -   Baker

CHO              Lukaku

BENCH:

Kepa, Azpi, Rüdiger,Kovacic,Mount,Jorginho,Werner,Ziyech

5 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I think Kepa should play, the more games he can play ahead of the league game be City, the better.

3 hours ago, asvaberg said:

Fair point - on the other hand, if he don't get any work he wouldn't need the game time, or ?  :)

Was going to agree with MBIB but asvaberg is right, what is the point against Chesterfield in getting cold.

7 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Was going to agree with MBIB but asvaberg is right, what is the point against Chesterfield in getting cold.

Yes and our 3rd choice keeper played a full Championship season last year with Boro. He should be able to comfortably handle himself. 

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

1 hour ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Yes and our 3rd choice keeper played a full Championship season last year with Boro. He should be able to comfortably handle himself. 

I'm not saying Bettenlli can't handle the fixture, I'm just suggesting Kepa could do with as many minutes under his belt as possible ahead of our bigger games, so he is as sharp and ready as possible.

I'm not going to be distraught if Kepa doesn't play and I can understand why he wouldn't, but if I was making the call I would personally get Kepa his minutes in this one.

• Like 2

paulw66   

AC, Azpi and Havertz all potentially available.

Azpi was cramp against Spuds.

chara   

Lot of good arguments for Kepa playing or not.....I would like to see the #3 Keeper on show but as said by others either choice should work....

NO COMPLACENCY.......this is Chesterfield's Cup Final and they won't get a better chance with the present Chelsea injured/unavailable list.

This is not a Pub Side.

47 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

AC, Azpi and Havertz all potentially available.

Azpi was cramp against Spuds.

I'd rest Azpi, wouldn't even have him on the bench. Havertz should get some minutes and Christensen only if he's actually fit enough to play. 

I don't care what the scoreline is tomorrow, a win and no injuries are all I ask for.

3 minutes ago, chara said:

NO COMPLACENCY.......this is Chesterfield's Cup Final 

This is not a Pub Side.

There is a story in some papers about Chesterfield being shafted by the ref in the 1997 semi with Middleborough when a shot came off the crossbar bounced over the line and was not given.
So Chesterfield's Cup Final should have happened 25 years ago.  We beat Boro in the first minute with that RDM wonder goal.

Here is the semi.  Sean Dyche will no doubt complain the penalty he conceded to Juinho was wrong as well, but that is Dyche.