My Blood Is Blue

Chelsea 5 Chesterfield 1

paulw66   
6 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I'd rest Azpi, wouldn't even have him on the bench. Havertz should get some minutes and Christensen only if he's actually fit enough to play. 

I don't care what the scoreline is tomorrow, a win and no injuries are all I ask for.

Agree all round. 

Thought Werner looked sharp on Wednesday. I'd stick him up top with Lukaku and try get a partnership going. 

• Like 2

Here’s something you won’t hear the media talk much about if at all… 

Chelsea are letting 230 Chesterfield academy players from Under 8s & above come to Cobham and get academy coaching, along with taking them to Stamford Bridge to watch the game. Class.

• Like 3

chara   
52 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Chelsea are letting 230 Chesterfield academy players from Under 8s & above come to Cobham and get academy coaching, along with taking them to Stamford Bridge to watch the game. Class.

Saw that on the Chesterfield home page....but nowhere else as yet.

56 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

10 years time we'll be getting Arthur Rowbotham, Chesterfield Academy 8-11, Chelsea Academy 11 onwards, making his debut for our first team after loans to Vittesse and Sheffield U.

Well if it stops him jumping ship for Leeds that'll still be a good thing!   It is another fine gesture by the club.

The game is on BBC Red Button, same as our 3rd and 4th round games last year.

iPlayer will be better quality, but Red Button channel will be live whereas iPlayer will be 30-60 seconds behind. 

Unless you have Freesat which has Red Button in HD. 

_20220108_091931.JPG

• Thanks 2

Rob B   

Debut for Lewis Hall, but an otherwise strong team.  Be nice to get a few goals up and be able to introduce Harvey Vale etc 

FA90D2A5-2D56-4E5C-BF3C-3FC5860865E6.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Debut for Lewis Hall, but an otherwise strong team.  Be nice to get a few goals up and be able to introduce Harvey Vale etc 

Nice to see Lewis Baker there.  Here's hoping he gets more than the 3 mins he got in his other Chelsea appearance in 2014  (who said JM never played the kids).

The other Lewis - Lewis Hall
https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2022/01/08/who-is-lewis-hall--where-can-he-play-and-how-long-has-he-been-at

CHO, Pulisic, Lukaku, Werner, Ziyech  - that is one hell of a front 5.
I'm thinking anyone with hattrick gets taken off - except Lukaku who is clearly doing punishment routine.

Chesterfield were top of the national league till this morning (and have 2 more games to play than new leaders Halifax).
So even if that is 93 places below us, they are on a role.  Top scorer in the national league is the No 19  Kabongo Tshimanga.
18 goals in 19 appearances.

Edited by Droy was my hero

Ham   

Gotta love Belle Silva.  Proper Chels already. Anyone who doesn't follow her on Twitter really should. 

23 minutes ago, Rob B said:

FA90D2A5-2D56-4E5C-BF3C-3FC5860865E6.jpeg

Looks like a 4-2-2-2