My Blood Is Blue

Tottenham Hotspur 0 Chelsea 1 (0 - 3 on aggregate)

7 hours ago, Floyd25 said:

Struggled to get that Gudjohsen miss out of my head at the time, was so close to going in off Charragher’s ass. 

That was exactly the moment 13 year old me broke down and started crying. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

We still carry a reputation for not giving managers time, but the results speak for themselves. The Chelsea system works. 

Funny - I just heard Hoddle on TV saying "what Tuchel could achieve if he is given as long as Pep has been given at City".

It isn't fans that are unhappy with quick sackings, it is ex-managers like Hoddle and Souness that should have been sacked a lot earlier.

19 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Funny - I just heard Hoddle on TV saying "what Tuchel could achieve if he is given as long as Pep has been given at City".

It isn't fans that are unhappy with quick sackings, it is ex-managers like Hoddle and Souness that should have been sacked a lot earlier.

Although I do ponder what the potential heights can be once Tuchel has been here as long as Pep and Klopp were in 2018-2020. 

1 hour ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Although I do ponder what the potential heights can be once Tuchel has been here as long as Pep and Klopp were in 2018-2020. 

I think this squad is terrific, and it is the squad that will keep him 3 or 4 years.  That and having a get out of jail clause for finishing 2nd (City) but not for finishing <80 points.
Love Tuchel, but he is very fortunate to get this squad.   If anything too many options to choose from.  Imagine if we only played PL & CL.  

5 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think this squad is terrific, and it is the squad that will keep him 3 or 4 years.  That and having a get out of jail clause for finishing 2nd (City) but not for finishing <80 points.
Love Tuchel, but he is very fortunate to get this squad.   If anything too many options to choose from.  Imagine if we only played PL & CL.  

Characteristic gibberish from you. The squad is quite obviously unbalanced and full of players with partial, or undeveloped skillsets: short-armed reserve goalkeepers, ageing, slow, or inexperienced full/wing backs, a very mixed bag of centre backs, a midfield playmaker who is not a midfield playmaker except in a very narrow set of circumstances (easily negated), the world's best utility midfielder, a limited central midfielder who contributes very few goals, a young attacking midfielder learning his trade, 2 wide forwards who would not be coveted by Norwich City, a front man who can only function in a very narrow window of service, another front man still completely unfinished and a home grown wide player who has yet to fulfil what we thought was his potential. Added to that are fringe players who you have yourself criticised.

Now despite all these flaws there are moments when we look like a good side and perhaps some of these inadequacies can be corrected, development can take place and the squad can be augmented. What is definitely not true is that TT, whom you love, is fortunate to have this squad, especially in the context of discussions about City's relative riches and talents.

chara   
49 minutes ago, RDC Williams said:

Characteristic gibberish from you. The squad is quite obviously unbalanced and full of players with partial, or undeveloped skillsets: short-armed reserve goalkeepers, ageing, slow, or inexperienced full/wing backs, a very mixed bag of centre backs, a midfield playmaker who is not a midfield playmaker except in a very narrow set of circumstances (easily negated), the world's best utility midfielder, a limited central midfielder who contributes very few goals, a young attacking midfielder learning his trade, 2 wide forwards who would not be coveted by Norwich City, a front man who can only function in a very narrow window of service, another front man still completely unfinished and a home grown wide player who has yet to fulfil what we thought was his potential. Added to that are fringe players who you have yourself criticised.

Now despite all these flaws there are moments when we look like a good side and perhaps some of these inadequacies can be corrected, development can take place and the squad can be augmented. What is definitely not true is that TT, whom you love, is fortunate to have this squad, especially in the context of discussions about City's relative riches and talents.

Mirrors many of my thought...most in fact.....not conjured facts...... the key word........augmented.....and my addition....culled.......

Ham   
56 minutes ago, RDC Williams said:

Massively negative overreaction just because we lost narrowly to Man City away. 

Take a few absolutely crucial players out of this city side for a season or half a season or put them through the December we had, through no fault of our own, and we're not 13 bloody points behind them!  They've been very very lucky. 

Feckin' champions of Europe....

chara   
10 minutes ago, Ham said:

Take a few absolutely crucial players out of this city side for a season or half a season or put them through the December we had, through no fault of our own, and we're not 13 bloody points behind them!  They've been very very lucky. 

Champions indeed and worthy ones.....I haven't seen today's game so am not dragged down by a viewing hurt just the result...which is still enough to cloud my weekend and days until next game!

The truth remains that Chelsea or any other team are not in the same season long class as Citeh....again true if Citeh had to deal with Chelsea's injury/covid issues they would not be waving back at the rest of the League...but that as may be the squad at SB makeup is not as interlocking as Citeh and in addition Chelsea do not have the goal scoring 'get out of jail' cards that the scousers have.

From Bridges to Lukaku....the so called #9s of my Chelsea experience......I'm afraid Lukaku comes a long way down the list...and he will not change now...a bit like Andy Carroll...

The "Hope he will" player. 

1 hour ago, Ham said:

No. This is a massive overreaction to my post. Mine is not a reaction to the result or performance today (I have, to be fair, been saying for some time that we are not contenders to win the Premier League this season, so this result is no surprise). It was a response to Droy's assertion that TT is lucky to have inherited such a great squad. It's not a great squad, but could have the makings of a good one if development and not a little augmentation takes place.

I also think TT has some way to go to become a top class Premier League coach (perfectly natural, after all it took Klopp 4 years and it has taken Pep 3 years and a lot of resource). He still gets a lot of stuff wrong (like today's selection and the slowness of his response).