My Blood Is Blue

Tottenham Hotspur 0 Chelsea 1 (0 - 3 on aggregate)

ROTG   
8 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think this squad is terrific, and it is the squad that will keep him 3 or 4 years.  That and having a get out of jail clause for finishing 2nd (City) but not for finishing <80 points.
Love Tuchel, but he is very fortunate to get this squad.   If anything too many options to choose from.  Imagine if we only played PL & CL.  

Yeah, right on. 

He will be history if the team are not going toe to toe with Chity by the start of the WC. 

1 hour ago, Freeboot-Rightz said:

Yeah, right on. 

He will be history if the team are not going toe to toe with Chity by the start of the WC. 

80 points is the target, not Man City +1.  Just look at the history of the club under RA.

The only managers to be sacked after a full season Ranieri (79 and we all saw that coming). Ancellotti (71)  and Conte (70).  Lampard  got 66 and amazingly he was still kept on for 6 more months!! (though that was a rebuild moment)
Mourinho in 07/08 left in a mutual decision (though he was on course for another 80+ season).  Mourinho in 15/16 had just had a great 14/15 but was sacked for the appalling start ot 15/16.

The idea that we sack managers for coming second is just one of those BS ideas the media like to spin.

I am so glad someone on here is privy to the board's objectives and meetings to claim, that winning the PL is not the objective, but just getting 80 points is. 🙄

1 hour ago, didierforever said:

I am so glad someone on here is privy to the board's objectives and meetings to claim, that winning the PL is not the objective, but just getting 80 points is. 🙄

The historical record is 18 years long.  I'm only claiming an ability to read and basic common sense.
(What) do you think?

3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

The historical record is 18 years long.  I'm only claiming an ability to read and basic common sense.
(What) do you think?

Can you also tell me if the sackings were accompanied with some trophy? Or the years where the sackings happened, we were trophyless and/or in case of avb, fl, rdm on course for a terrible season. 

Your assumptions of just 80 points being a baromater of any thing is as trollic as your other "assumption/observation" of success of a signing being appearance. 

Though I don't need to reassert it, people are seeing it for themselves

ROTG   
16 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

80 points is the target, not Man City +1.  Just look at the history of the club under RA.

The only managers to be sacked after a full season Ranieri (79 and we all saw that coming). Ancellotti (71)  and Conte (70).  Lampard  got 66 and amazingly he was still kept on for 6 more months!! (though that was a rebuild moment)
Mourinho in 07/08 left in a mutual decision (though he was on course for another 80+ season).  Mourinho in 15/16 had just had a great 14/15 but was sacked for the appalling start ot 15/16.

The idea that we sack managers for coming second is just one of those BS ideas the media like to spin.

Not sure I follow your logic. 

Last season was a 80+ points squad according to most “including you I believe”

the club adds a £100m striker and the goal post stay the same?

On 1/16/2022 at 3:38 PM, didierforever said:

Can you also tell me if the sackings were accompanied with some trophy? Or the years where the sackings happened, we were trophyless and/or in case of avb, fl, rdm on course for a terrible season. 

Your assumptions of just 80 points being a baromater of any thing is as trollic as your other "assumption/observation" of success of a signing being appearance. 

Though I don't need to reassert it, people are seeing it for themselves

No and it doesn't need reasserting - people are inventing what they want to see.
As for trophys - there are only 3 trophies in World football and we can't enter the WC.

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

No and it doesn't need reasserting - people are inventing what they want to see.
As for trophys - there are only 3 trophies in World football and we can't enter the WC.

Lol. People are not inventing anything. They are just seeing you for the troll you are.

As for sackings, the fact that we gave RDM the job despite finishing 6th and continuing our absymal league form shows how highly TROPHIES are considered. The club plays to win silverware, not get 80 points. 

AVB had 46 points in 27 matches. He was on course for a 64 point season, but was not sacked till he got us almost knocked out from the CL. Just shows how pointless your complete hypothesis is.

asvaberg   

So, who do we want to play in the Final?

It's always a pleasure beating Liverpool, but we might have better chances against our neighbour-rivals from North London?

paulw66   
On 18/01/2022 at 8:11 PM, didierforever said:

As for sackings, the fact that we gave RDM the job despite finishing 6th and continuing our absymal league form shows how highly TROPHIES are considered.

That's not the whole story though, is it.

Finishing 6th was not solely on RdM, as he took over 27 matches in, and it was quite clear in the last two months that the CL was prioritised over league form

He then got the job, partly as nobody else was available, and partly (I believe) Roman felt almost obligated after he won the CL. He never really wanted to appoint RdM, which is why he fired him the first chance he got.