2 minutes ago, bONes said:

Lukaku should have at least had a goal. He had 2 great changes. One poor decision and execution pass to Zieych and second poor concentration and lack of composure to finish with save from Ederson.

He was dreadful. As were Pulisic, Ziyech and Werner. Don't remember Lukaku winning a header.

8 minutes ago, chelboy said:

But behind by 13 points? How on earth does that happen in 8 or so games. It’s pathetic. 4 or 5 points I can accept but this gap is far too big for January. There’s no excuses. The team doesn’t even look like they believe in themselves anymore. It’s worrying. 

Can't win a home game against crap teams, wrong team selection AGAIN, why start Pulisic and Ziyech? ODI and Mount should have started

paulw66   
3 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

That was as comprehensive a 1-0 as it comes. We were never in the game. Never at any moment. We weren’t even close.

Don’t know what Tuchel was thinking with his line up before the game. We’re still in a battle for fourth place so every game matters. But that was throwing in the towel. Really poor stuff.

As for Lukaku. We’ve gone backwards with his signing. It’s going to hold us back now for a couple of seasons until we find a replacement. What a terrible waste. 

You say, that but better decisions in the final third and we could have easily have scored. We made a mess of virtually every attack 

And just to add some more cheer, Arsenal get their game postponed. Absolutely no idea how that can be fair? 

This season has a larger caveat to It than the original ‘covid season’

paulw66   
1 minute ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

And just to add some more cheer, Arsenal get their game postponed. Absolutely no idea how that can be fair? 

This season has a larger caveat to It than the original ‘covid season’

That's a joke. They loaned two players out last week!

Floyd25   
3 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

He was dreadful. As were Pulisic, Ziyech and Werner. Don't remember Lukaku winning a header.

We can do better than all four of them. 

14 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Still , three points further away from us is three points further away from Liverpool , so , every cloud ...

Haha I had the same thought as I was consoling myself after FT. 

chelboy   
3 minutes ago, Everyonesallowedanopinion said:

Can't win a home game against crap teams, wrong team selection AGAIN, why start Pulisic and Ziyech? ODI and Mount should have started

I dont know if it makes much of a difference. All have had poor form during this winter period. May as well pick players names from a hat. 

Jasonb   
3 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

That was as comprehensive a 1-0 as it comes. We were never in the game. Never at any moment. We weren’t even close.

Don’t know what Tuchel was thinking with his line up before the game. We’re still in a battle for fourth place so every game matters. But that was throwing in the towel. Really poor stuff.

As for Lukaku. We’ve gone backwards with his signing. It’s going to hold us back now for a couple of seasons until we find a replacement. What a terrible waste. 

More than a little surprised we did not bring on Havertz on 70 mins, Lukaku was unable to hold the ball up. Seems once again we have bought a clanger.

The ref seemed reluctant to book any of them and certainly Foden fouling Kova's attempted break in the first should have been yellow.

Ziyech had a shooting  chance in the 2nd, just wish it had fallen to Alonso behind him.

Sar is looking like he might become a regular first team player. 

Not sure what to say about our front men who could not put Lukaku in though at least once or twice Lukaku should have done better,

Ro61   

We were never in it in truth,but we were never under siege - it says to me we are close - a player or two will make all the difference - chin up.

• Thanks 1