1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

What none of us know is the full extent of the injuries we're carrying and to whom .

We can complain about the starting line up all we like but these may be half fit or unfit players we are being forced to play when they aren't at their best whilst everyone else gets a rest .

Also , why someone thinks it's funny to tie Lukakus boots together in the tunnel before kick off  is beyond me

Very good point. I would imagine Mount is carrying something, didn’t look right against Spurs, although he still looked better than those before him when he came on.

11 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

You admit they had far more chances. How is that reflected in your stats? It's not, so let's just ignore it shall we?. The game is played on the field Droy not on an Excel spreadsheet.nion.

more shots, lower quality chances - why don't you just google "What is xG in football" instead of pretending some innocent naive knowledge.

13 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Much as I'd like to ignore your meaningless drivel, it's hard when you're omnipresent and keep shouting everyone else down. 

You certainly like to get your shout down in before I have posted.  
Listen - I'll ignore your luddite misinterpretations of matches based on your gut feelings, and you ignore the 2 lines a post match thread where I mention xg.  

15 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

It's a shame you can't assess a game with words without recourse to highly subjective quack stats and pass them off as the proof of your opinion.

jesus H, do you really have to act the complete idiot to get a smile out of another reader.
(Since when have I lacked words)

Blue Rod   
28 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

image.png.9e7c61aa04ffc9a8fd7a634a033fb1c4.png
So in fact the game was pretty close on chance quality, even though City had many more shots.  The difference was largely KdB's finishing.

Even though day happens in the same 24 hours as night, the difference is largely that you can see without a lamp. 

37 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

Not sure what to say about our front men who could not put Lukaku in though at least once or twice Lukaku should have done better,

Lukaku was put in through at least twice (first half & 2nd half) which is more chances than Kevin had. Against a big team you will not get a lot of chances. Had Lukaku scored at least one of those chances ... perhaps we hold on for the 1-0 win as we did months ago in Portugal. Selection should have been better but notwithstanding, 100 million man lukaku should've earned his money. The biggest players we missed today was havertz and werner starting alongside him.

Bison   
Just now, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Not much wrong with the selection from my point of view - maybe Mount instead of Ziyech. 

The truth is Tuchel, not for the first time in his career, has reached his limit in terms of his coaching. Pep Guardiola just has no limits apparently. He keeps adapting to situations, learning continuously, winning games...

Tuchel may beat him on the odd occasion but Pep's going to win the vast majority of the times because he's just a better coach. 

We looked really poor IMO. Couldn't string passes together to launch an attack of note as far as I can recall. Wasn't sure if we were supposed to be in a low block or medium block because you couldn't see it on the field being translated. 

Tuchel has to understand that this system, this style - it has taken him as far as it can go. Its been stale since maybe mid-November. Its been 2 months and he's not adapting. Liverpool are now potentially 5 points ahead of us and we are tumbling out of the top 4. 

With Reece James and Ben out, our full-back play has gone flat. Something has to change.

It's easy to say somebody is the better coach when they manage a super squad, full of technically gifted and athletic players in every single position x2. They chop and change at will and the level never ever drops.

If Tuchel had that Man City squad he'd be running away with the league too.

Would Guardiola have won the CL last season with Chelsea's squad? Never in a million years. Guardiola wouldn't touch the current Chelsea squad with a barge-pole, even if Roman offered him all the money in the world.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

What none of us know is the full extent of the injuries we're carrying and to whom .

We can complain about the starting line up all we like but these may be half fit or unfit players we are being forced to play when they aren't at their best whilst everyone else gets a rest .

The fact that Havertz never even got to warn up supports this.

1 minute ago, Bison said:

It's easy to say somebody is the better coach when they manage a super squad, full of technically gifted and athletic players in every single position x2. They chop and change at will and the level never ever drops.

Would Guardiola have won the CL last season with Chelsea's squad? Never in a million years. Guardiola wouldn't touch the current Chelsea squad with a barge-pole, even if Roman offered him all the money in the world.

Which apparently he did and was advised Pep would require ten new players .

No wonder he said no  seeing the last ten players they've bought .

• Haha 1

Diddymen   
10 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Careful people, some of you on hear are in danger of calling for Tuchel’s head, which in my opinion would be an absolute disaster.

I agree. To add, TT has brought in ONE player (and I’m not even sure that was his choice)

Man ****** had a week to prepare 

Edited by Diddymen
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bison said:

Roman offered him all the money plus a much better squad and still turned him down.. 

However Pep did have a  longish dodgy spell which he survived (probably why he turned us down) and returned to 'glory'  TT is unlikely to get  the opportunity  because he's lumbered with 'others' buying  deadbeats on his behalf..

Edited by r.bartlett

Blue Rod   
5 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Careful people, some of you on hear are in danger of calling for Tuchel’s head, which in my opinion would be an absolute disaster.

No one is calling for Tuchel's head. And sacking a manager is never a disaster unless you then make a disastrous appointment. It can be a disaster if any club ever gets in the mindset that they can't get on without a certain manager, even one as prolific as Sir Alex Ferguson.