Ro61   

It is a very hard game to critique.We offered nothing and they offered slightly more.They won by a very good strike, but not on the back of relentless pressure.

We are a very good challenger to City. 

1 hour ago, bONes said:

Lukaku should have at least had a goal. He had 2 great changes. One poor decision and execution pass to Zieych and second poor concentration and lack of composure to finish with save from Ederson.

That is the real story of the day for us. Had he scored before them, we concentrate on defending and Kevin doesn't get a free run against the play.

26 minutes ago, Ro61 said:

It is a very hard game to critique.We offered nothing and they offered slightly more.They won by a very good strike, but not on the back of relentless pressure.

We are a very good challenger to City. 

Play whats in front of you.. They only  played to  their necessary level and it was still far superior to us. That isn't as good as they can be or they would have won 3 or more. They took 3 points we took the bus home.. Grinding out 1-0 wins is what being champions is all about. 

Edited by r.bartlett

1 hour ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

I think if De Bruyne winds up the kick a bit more Kepa saves it despite a harder shot, but he shot quickly albeit softer and that caught Kepa out. 

Pretty much what happened. Of course in super slow motion Kepa looks like he should’ve done better but in reality, he was effectively caught off guard by a quality near perfect curling strike by KDB.

I don’t think the difference between the overall squads is that great. We are clearly missing Chilwell and Reece James though who are crucial to our way of playing. Take them out of the equation and we struggle to have the same impact.

The one disappointment for me has been Lukaku. It’s fair to say the service for him has been terrible. But I don’t think he won a single ball in the air today while his hold up and linking play was feeble. If his main attribute is that he’s a lethal finisher then I’ve yet to see it. I don’t think though that we’ve seen him with proper wing backs in the side, feeding balls into the box. When James and Chilwell were fit, he was out injured. And today, Ziyech and Pulisic who were supposed to be playing alongside him, were just awful. 

I really hope we come up with a full back solution over January. It’s no coincidence that our form has dived since Chilwell and James got injured. 

Bison   
10 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Which apparently he did and was advised Pep would require ten new players .

No wonder he said no  seeing the last ten players they've bought .

9 minutes ago, r.bartlett said:

Roman offered him all the money plus a much better squad and still turned him down.. 

However Pep did have a  longish dodgy spell which he survived (probably why he turned us down) and returned to 'glory'  TT is unlikely to get  the opportunity  because he's lumbered with 'others' buying  deadbeats on his behalf..

Pep would demand an overhaul of the entire squad. He's never in a million years agreeing to manage players like Ziyech, Lukaku, Werner, Havertz etc. 

I respect Tuchel far more for trying to make it work than somebody who only works under the best circumstances. 

We know Marina aka the best director in football and our scouting department will continue to fail and waste money. Good luck to Tuchel, he's going to need it. 

Tuchel on BT Sport: "Lukaku sometimes needs to do the service, he is included in this, he had many ball losses in very promising circumstances, he had a huge chance. Of course we want to serve him, but he is part of the team, and the performance up front, we can do much better."

Tuchel on his attack: "We had eight or nine transition chances but we didn't get a touch in the box. I was unhappy about this. We can miss chances and I am not unhappy about that."

"The decision making and timing was not what we need at this level of football."

2 hours ago, Ro61 said:

The problem we have is, if we open it up we will get slaughtered.We need the forwards to come looking for it as a unit and not waiting for something to come their way.

Therein lies the weakness of playing Lukaku against this type of opponent and explains why a manager like Pep doesn't fancy traditional CFs.

Oh well. I guess we should be alright to get top four.

Also we're still in the League Cup, FA cup, Club World Cup, and Champions League. Let's go win some things!