2 hours ago, Ro61 said:

The problem we have is, if we open it up we will get slaughtered.We need the forwards to come looking for it as a unit and not waiting for something to come their way.

Therein lies the weakness of playing Lukaku against this type of opponent and explains why a manager like Pep doesn't fancy traditional CFs.

Oh well. I guess we should be alright to get top four.

Also we're still in the League Cup, FA cup, Club World Cup, and Champions League. Let's go win some things!

It was an almighty gamble spending 100m on Lukaku. If it didn’t work out, we’d be lumbered with him. Which seems to be the way it’s going. I can’t see how he’s an improvement over Tammy Abraham and I was never a big fan of his. If we could move him on this summer I think we’d be better off cutting our losses. Don’t see how he’s going to improve radically at his age. He is what he is, unfortunately. 

Mana   
7 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

It was an almighty gamble spending 100m on Lukaku. If it didn’t work out, we’d be lumbered with him. Which seems to be the way it’s going. I can’t see how he’s an improvement over Tammy Abraham and I was never a big fan of his. If we could move him on this summer I think we’d be better off cutting our losses. Don’t see how he’s going to improve radically at his age. He is what he is, unfortunately. 

He’s not an improvement over Abraham. He’s arguably worse. I always said Abraham is never good enough for our football club, and you have to think…if Lukaku’s worse than Abraham atm then why is Lukaku good enough? Because of the price tag? Because he was moaning on the bench and wants to go back to Inter?

This is more or less set in stone for me. We are NEVER going to win the league again until we have a clear out of these useless attacking players bar maybe Kovacic. MAYBE.

Everyone else should be downgraded to bench or sold. Not good enough.

Edited by Mana

Holymoly   
45 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

more shots, lower quality chances - why don't you just google "What is xG in football" instead of pretending some innocent naive knowledge.

You certainly like to get your shout down in before I have posted.  
Listen - I'll ignore your luddite misinterpretations of matches based on your gut feelings, and you ignore the 2 lines a post match thread where I mention xg.  

jesus H, do you really have to act the complete idiot to get a smile out of another reader.
(Since when have I lacked words)

Wow. Buffoonery at it's very best.

44 minutes ago, Bison said:

It's easy to say somebody is the better coach when they manage a super squad, full of technically gifted and athletic players in every single position x2. They chop and change at will and the level never ever drops.

If Tuchel had that Man City squad he'd be running away with the league too.

Would Guardiola have won the CL last season with Chelsea's squad? Never in a million years. Guardiola wouldn't touch the current Chelsea squad with a barge-pole, even if Roman offered him all the money in the world.

This just is not true. 

Guardiola has done this level of work across Europe. There is clearly so much that he adds to a football club. Everything about Manchester City just seem superior under him. They've had guys like Mancini and Pellegrini as well who have had success but Guardiola is maintaining success over such a long period of time.

He's going to run away with the league again. You can put it down to money, but Chelsea spend a lot of money too. They've just spent better. And he's also worked with his players to make them better. 

Like I said, Tuchel might beat Guardiola occasionally... but Guardiola's going to beat Tuchel the vast majority of the times. You can give Tuchel the same amount of money to invest and I'm not so sure he would create a final product as dominant as City have been for so long under Pep. 

Our attackers look very poor under Tuchel. You can claim they aren't as good players, and I'd say you're about accurate on that, but the truth is we don't seem to coach players how to attack under Tuchel. The ball gets swung out wide to a wingback to cross into the box 9 times out of 10 at Chelsea. There's no vertical passes, or runs off the ball, or one-twos, or triangles, its the same mode of attack game after game. City can cut you apart all sorts of ways. From a coaching point of view, I just don't think we look as good under Tuchel. 

Blue Rod   
14 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

I wasn't a big fan of Tammy. He could never time his run to a cross. He could only deal with ball to feet. But he was still better than Lukaku as a striker and as a footballer in general.

Ham   
49 minutes ago, Ro61 said:

It is a very hard game to critique.We offered nothing and they offered slightly more.They won by a very good strike, but not on the back of relentless pressure.

We are a very good challenger to City. 

Nice positivity 👍

Mana   
2 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Our attackers look very poor under Tuchel. You can claim they aren't as good players, and I'd say you're about accurate on that, but the truth is we don't seem to coach players how to attack under Tuchel. The ball gets swung out wide to a wingback to cross into the box 9 times out of 10 at Chelsea. There's no vertical passes, or runs off the ball, or one-twos, or triangles, its the same mode of attack game after game. City can cut you apart all sorts of ways. From a coaching point of view, I just don't think we look as good under Tuchel. 

They looked poor under Lampard. They looked poor under Sarri. And under Sarri, he had Hazard to bail him out in games.

Maybe you are right with TT about not able to coach these attackers. You could be. But no WAY I'm in favour in sacking him first over the clowns we have in attack. CHO, Werner, Ziyech, Pulisic, Mount, Lukaku, Havertz along with Alonso...the whole lot...they don't know HOW to shoot in front of goal, do some basics or make woeful decisions in the final third and it is constantly frustrating.

You can bring in Pep, and these players will let Pep down BIG time. They are simply not good enough on what we are trying to do. But with Pep, he'll notice this and probably look at our youth setup and promote and coach the youths who are better than these overpaid players.

I'm fed up on seeing the same horrid thing over and over.