Bison   
5 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Yeah but I bet their chief executive doesn't win awards .

I don't think the sheikh would allow the Man City directors to buy themselves a meaningless award. Marina was likely the only bidder and I bet she overpaid for it as well in typical fashion. 

Blue Rod   
1 hour ago, Bison said:

Our forwards stink. I know this upsets a lot of people on here but that's the reality. Not a single one would make Man City's starting 11. Pep likely wouldn't even want any on his bench.

Tuchel is a great manager. He could be the best we've ever had. It's a shame he won't have the players / squad to do much more than be a cup manager. 

I think we may be falling into the all too familiar  trap of idolising a manager so that others can take the blame for their shortcomings. I'm not at all saying that Tuchel is a bad manager. However  just as his predecesdors can't escape blame for us signing Pulisic, Werner, Ziyech, and Havertz, Tuchel can't escape blame for Lukaku turning up here. Let's keep it fair.

Football is ultimately about exploiting your opponent's weaknesses. In the CL final, Tuchel did that against Pep. Today it was the other way round. Players' weaknesses aside, it just didn't look like Tuchel had a formula for how we were going to beat City. We just tried the same thing we've been trying all season. You could say the same about his post-match interview. 

I've been saying it long before Tuchel arrived; we haven't signed well. I don't know why some fans think they must defend a player or manager once they put on a Chelsea badge. Everyone should be judged fairly. Silva is our only quality signing of the past three seasons.

Edited by Blue Rod

1 minute ago, Blue Rod said:

I think we may be falling into the all too familiar  trap of idolising a manager so that others can take the blame for their shortcomings. I'm not at all saying that Tuchel is a bad manager. However  just as his predecesdors can't escape blame for us signing Pulisic, Werner, Ziyech, and Havertz, Tuchel can't escape blame for Lukaku turning up here. Let's keep it fair.

Football is ultimately about exploiting your opponent's weaknesses. In the CL final, Tuchel did that against Pep. Today it was the other way round. Players' weaknesses aside, it just didn't look like Tuchel had a formula for how we were going to beat City. We just tried the same thing we've been trying all season. You could say the same about his post-match interview. 

I've been saying it long before Tuchel arrived; we haven't signed well. I don't know why some fans think they must defend a player or manager once they put on a Chelsea badge. Everyone should be judged fairly. Silva is our only quality signing of the past three seasons.

What's up with Mendy, Chilwell and  Kovacic? I can see why anyone can question the other signings, but not those three.

Blue Rod   
13 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

What's up with Mendy, Chilwell and  Kovacic? I can see why anyone can question the other signings, but not those three.

Sorry,  I forgot Mendy  He's a good signing. Kovacic has been good, but for the kind of money we've been spending, you'd expect us to have a Michael Essien quality in that position. Jury is still out on Chilwell, for me.  

Bison   
46 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

Tuchel could have had the best tactics ever today but we'll never know because 1) Lukaku cannot control a football and 2) Pulisic and Ziyech are what they are, squad filler who wouldn't look out of place playing for a midtable Premier League team.

You think Guardiola could do what he's doing with footballers like that? 😂

Edited by Bison

Getting beaten by Man City for me is not the issue, they are far and away the best team in the PL, what galls me is the amount of points we have dropped at home to sides that we really should be beating.

As @Original 21 pointed out the loss of Chilwell and shortly thereafter James has really hindered this team's quality and fluidity, their replacements have done their best, but they come nowhere near the understanding that James and Chilwell had developed.

As far as Lukaku is concerned we have spent just under 100million pounds for a guy that was scoring for fun for Inter. One main reason for that was his partner Lauturo Martinez, he needs someone like that to make this work. At this time TT has tried CHO and Werner, today it was Pulisic and Ziyech, the one that comes closest is Werner and that is up for debate as well. So I don't know what the answer is but to suggest the club to get rid of him after spending that sort of money is not going to happen.

Personally I really like TT, he has only just reached one year with the club and under an unprecedented run of injuries and Covid, he has somehow kept this team functioning by placing square pegs in round holes.

Finally I hope the club provide him with a quality left wing back and not some fill in like Kenedy, sure Chilwell will be back next season but why can't we have 2 quality left wing backs as we should all over the pitch.

28 minutes ago, Bison said:

Tuchel could have had the best tactics ever today but we'll never know because 1) Lukaku cannot control a football and 2) Pulisic and Ziyech are what they are, squad filler who wouldn't look out of place playing for a midtable Premier League team.

You think Guardiola could do what he's doing with footballers like that? 😂

He loses every single aerial dual , stumbles over himself , gives the ball away like it's kryptonite , these clips make him look better than he was.

Bison   
2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

He loses every single aerial dual , stumbles over himself , gives the ball away like it's kryptonite , these clips make him look better than he was.

Considering his size it's shameful. He actually didn't win a single header today.

10 minutes ago, Bison said:

Considering his size it's shameful. He actually didn't win a single header today.

0/7 , how's that for a statistic?