Leo91   

Just wondering here. Do people miss a Willian type of player ? Some one you can trust on the ball and look after it. 

19 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

Just wondering here. Do people miss a Willian type of player ? Some one you can trust on the ball and look after it. 

Yes. 

And put in a shift when required rather than half arse his way through a game like a certain "magician" from Amsterdam.

Just shows the quality of that league, if someone as **** as ziyech was considered a "magician". So hopelessly one footed and 1 dimensional, that it makes matic look like ambidextrous footballer. 

On the positive side, at least we got Tuchel and not Rafa 2.0. He is absolutely stinking out the joint at Everton. Beaten by Norwich now! 😁 Surely the most over rated coach in the history of the Prem. 

10 hours ago, Bison said:

Sorry in advance (and I'm really not trying to be rude here) but I really think you just don't get it. Man City have built a powerhouse football organisation. Pep and his former Barcelona buddies (Begirstain and Soriano) have total control of the football operation. Pep has everything he wants and more. No other manager in the world has what he has. 

He has earned that control. He has earned that backing. The fact that you can't see that see that does not mean that you supposedly get anything. It just means that you're too blind to see that. 

What has Tuchel done in his track record? 

It genuinely amazes me that a few idiots would still look at the quality of football sides and the utter dominance and consistency of the teams he has assembled and dismiss it all as "money". We're now discussing a body of work spanning 15 years almost. Its ridiculous people still believe this utter crap.

Roman Abramovich can give Tuchel an open cheque book, and surround Tuchel with everyone that he wants (players, staff, director of football) and Tuchel still can never build what Guardiola has built.

Tuchel just simply cannot coach the way Pep coaches and he is not on the same level as Pep tactically either. 

Our attackers look like guys being coached by Rafa Benitez. They look awful.

Guardiola should have a winning record against every manager. He has the most expensively assembled squad in the history of the sport.

Pep has spent 918m as Man City manager and in now in his 6th season. How can you confidently say Tuchel couldn't build a dominant side given that much financial backing, time and support from well placed friends in the boardroom? It's ridiculously eays to just compare a 6 year project to what Tuchel has inherited. 

But Pep didn't take 6 years to build this City side. City were a machine by his second season. 

Chelsea looked exactly the way we look today the way we looked when Tuchel walked in.

We are still at best a top 4 side and a cup contender.

Tuchel is a great manager. He could be the best we've ever had. It's a shame he won't have the players / squad to do much more than be a cup manager. 

Our best manager remains Jose Mourinho. Regardless of what anyone says, Jose Mourinho put together an absolute machine of a side and brought success immediately. Came back and won another league title.

Reply to me when Tuchel wins a single league title. 

Edited by Blue_In_Every_Way

3 hours ago, didierforever said:

Yes. 

And put in a shift when required rather than half arse his way through a game like a certain "magician" from Amsterdam.

Just shows the quality of that league, if someone as **** as ziyech was considered a "magician". So hopelessly one footed and 1 dimensional, that it makes matic look like ambidextrous footballer. 

Ziyech never looked this bad at Ajax. Ziyech and Pulisic now look like guys completely lost. Havertz and Lukaku as well. 

Listening to Tuchel blame the front-line post-match was absolutely cringeworthy. 

Hopefully someone lets him know that the transition offensive situations broke down because he couldn't coach a group of attacking players if his life depended on it. 

You couldn't pick a single attacker at the moment having a good season at Chelsea. Lukaku, Werner, Pulisic, Ziyech, Havertz, Hudson-Odoi, Mount - you name them and they suck right now. They've been awful since mid-November. Sooner or later the coach has to look at himself.

Blows my mind how quickly some on here turn on the manager. Ignoring everything we’ve had to deal with this season (injuries, covid, fixture congestion whilst others get breaks, Lukaku’s interview) and all the while has us top 3 in the league (against 2 of the most dominant sides we’ve seen in the PL), In the final of the LC, still in CL & FA cup and reigning CL champions. He’s also only had one signing since being here.

Sure, we’re in a rough patch, but that’s what it is, a rough patch and one one that coincided with us losing a key player for the remainder of the season and a whole bunch of other injuries. We’ve almost got all our hardest league fixtures out the way now, so it’s very possible we can put together a strong run of victories… then what will everyone say about him? Comparing Tuchel’s Chelsea to Pep’s Man City is all but pointless, different scenarios, different set ups, different spending, totally different situations. Also, Pep in his 6 years still hasn’t won the CL!

Im not suggesting we don’t have any problems, but the speed in which some of your turn on a manager is laughable. If you can’t see how well he’s done at our club then I’m not going to try and convince you.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Blows my mind how quickly some on here turn on the manager. Ignoring everything we’ve had to deal with this season (injuries, covid, fixture congestion whilst others get breaks, Lukaku’s interview) and all the while has us top 3 in the league (against 2 of the most dominant sides we’ve seen in the PL), In the final of the LC, still in CL & FA cup and reigning CL champions. He’s also only had one signing since being here.

Sure, we’re in a rough patch, but that’s what it is, a rough patch and one one that coincided with us losing a key player for the remainder of the season and a whole bunch of other injuries. We’ve almost got all our hardest league fixtures out the way now, so it’s very possible we can put together a strong run of victories… then what will everyone say about him? Comparing Tuchel’s Chelsea to Pep’s Man City is all but pointless, different scenarios, different set ups, different spending, totally different situations. Also, Pep in his 6 years still hasn’t won the CL!

Im not suggesting we don’t have any problems, but the speed in which some of your turn on a manager is laughable. If you can’t see how well he’s done at our club then I’m not going to try and convince you.

Well said mate. Some people stun me with their attitude. They don't deserve this club, this coach, this owner or this team. Yes (before somebody tells me) everybody has a right to voice their opinion - but some opinions make me wonder why anybody bothers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

chelboy   
7 hours ago, Leo91 said:

No, he would just add to our problems. We have too many players that like to take extra touches on the ball and delay/miss passing opportunities. Willian used to do this a lot. What we miss is a Fabregas type of player. I look at some of the runs our attackers make and I can feel their frustration. If Costa was in this team does anyone see him scoring more than 10 goals in the league? Can’t see him getting more than that. 

Bison   
3 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

But Pep didn't take 6 years to build this City side. City were a machine by his second season. 

He turned up to a club with a great core including the likes of Kompany, David Silva, De Bruyne, Yaya Toure, Raheem Sterling and Aguero and then immediately spent 170m. How did he do? Finished 3rd in the league and out of the CL at the round of 16.

Next summer he spends another 255m. Of course they would be a machine by his second season.

Guardiola is obviously a good coach but be serious. Some of Tuchel's best players are kids from Cobham. Our big money signings score 4-6 league goals a season and barely look like footballers most of the time.

3 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Chelsea looked exactly the way we look today the way we looked when Tuchel walked in.

Have you just woken up from a coma? We signed two players: 1) an out of contract 3rd choice goalkeeper and 2) a striker that genuinely cannot control the ball.

How did you think we'd look adding that to the team that finished 19 points off the Champions the previous season? 

• Thanks 1