3 minutes ago, Bison said:

He turned up to a club with a great core including the likes of Kompany, David Silva, De Bruyne, Yaya Toure, Raheem Sterling and Aguero and then immediately spent 170m. How did he do? Finished 3rd in the league and out of the CL at the round of 16.

Next summer he spends another 255m. Of course they would be a machine by his second season.

Guardiola is obviously a good coach but be serious. Some of Tuchel's best players are kids from Cobham. Our big money signings score 4-6 league goals a season and barely look like footballers most of the time.

Have you just woken up from a coma? We signed two players: 1) an out of contract 3rd choice goalkeeper and 2) a striker that genuinely cannot control the ball.

How did you think we'd look adding that to the team that finished 19 points off the Champions the previous season? 

This. All of this.

Bison   
8 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

There is a simple reason for that.  We have so many of them and chop and change them so much that they don't get much chance.
The more good players you have the harder it is for any to reach 10 or 15.

Very simply Every Single Signing we have made since Conte left has been a success - as measured by being picked for a lot of games.
We haven't had a Bakayoko or a Barkley or a Drinkwater since then (or a Zappacosta or an Emerson, or a Batshuayi or a Cuadrado or a Remy).  All our purchases have been significant additions to the squad.

It is a fantastic buying record.  None of them have failed - and to accuse the board of failing is simply reversing all logic.

You believe none of them have failed simply because they rack up appearances. Total disregard for whether they actually perform, just turning up is enough for you.

Weird but OK.

17-18 (30 points off first)

18-19 (26 points off)

19-20 (33 points off)

20-21 (19 points)

Well done to the board for their fantastic buying record.

None of them have failed, from the 72m keeper with tiny arms to the 300m+ of 'attacking talent' who the current manager would replace tomorrow if given the opportunity. All successes, no failures.

27 minutes ago, Bison said:

You believe none of them have failed simply because they rack up appearances. Total disregard for whether they actually perform, just turning up is enough for you.

Weird but OK.

18-19 (26 points off)

19-20 (33 points off)

20-21 (19 points)

None of them have failed, from the 72m keeper with tiny arms to the 300m+ of 'attacking talent' who the current manager would replace tomorrow if given the opportunity. All successes, no failures.

1. The measure of success is not the gap with  Man city, but points gained from the whole division.

2.  Up to last season we were struggling with the old Conte bought squad.  So you are making my point for me thank you.

3. From last season we've had two players and from January we have had the manager and from January we have done excellently.

4.  Any player who joins Chelsea football club and goes on to play a substantial number of games has been a successful purchase.  You seem to have forgotten what an unsuccessful purchase looks like.  There is a huge list of Chelsea unsuccessful actresses or you can look at Manchester United

4 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

^^^^^^^

I can only assume that you missed the bit where we won the Champions League?

They have had to wait a very long time to have a moan.

19 hours ago, Floyd25 said:

He’s just flung himself to the floor ref, you stupid prick

In Italy that earned him a free kick, it covers up his poor control

SS_89   

I've been saying it for a while but we have badly missed a fabregas type player since he left. None of our attacking players seem brave enough to pick a through ball or ball over the top. Only on rare occasions. If we had a kdb I think we'd be a vastly different proposition. 

Anyway I'm not particularly upset about the result. Entirely expected we aren't there yet. Let's go on a run now and hopefully we can finish a solid 2nd/3rd and grab a few cups.

5 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Ziyech never looked this bad at Ajax. Ziyech and Pulisic now look like guys completely lost. Havertz and Lukaku as well. 

Listening to Tuchel blame the front-line post-match was absolutely cringeworthy. 

Hopefully someone lets him know that the transition offensive situations broke down because he couldn't coach a group of attacking players if his life depended on it. 

You couldn't pick a single attacker at the moment having a good season at Chelsea. Lukaku, Werner, Pulisic, Ziyech, Havertz, Hudson-Odoi, Mount - you name them and they suck right now. They've been awful since mid-November. Sooner or later the coach has to look at himself.

Ziyech not looking this bad might be due to the fact that he played in the Dutch league where we send our 19-20 year olds for development. So basically it's a league where the u23s were his competition. It's a pisspoor league and shows in the type of performances he puts forward.

I don't think TT is doing a bad job. He is definitely not getting the best out of the squad currently, but I am more focused and worried about the board and the club as a whole. 

We have damned near spent as much as city. We simply gloss over it by selling too. But if we look simply at how much we have spent, it's right up there. And we are light ****ing years away from city. 

Anyone saying "we are there thereabouts" and trying to put a positive spin on "not getting embarassed" is taking the bloody piss. First of all, when a fan base is happy that "atleast we did not get embarassed", just shows how far we have fallen as a club. Secondly, it's not even a competition. We can win a cup game, defending for our lives etc etc. But over the course of 38 games, the consistency in attack, defence, transition from mid etc, we are way off. The fact that we (once again), won't even finish within single digits of the PL winners is testament to that. Most of it stems from having no vision, leading to buying the likes of bakayoko, Barkley, ziyechs of the world. These 3 won't even be included in plan z for city. And not just these 3, but plenty more. 

We need a vision. We are pissing away RA's money on trash. A sporting director who knows exactly how the club should be playing and build on it. We have been in eternal transition since 2012 and nothing is gonna change (except for the managers ofcourse), if we don't get some direction. 

We might win a league Cup/FA Cup/ maybe even the CL. But the actual eliteness of a club is shown in the domestic league titles which requires consistency over elongated periods. 

1 hour ago, Bison said:

Weird but OK.

18-19 (26 points off)

19-20 (33 points off)

20-21 (19 points)

Exactly this. The fact that we our consistently finishing 15+ points off 1st is the definition of failures. I am sure, the PL is at the top most of the priorities for this club and we are way off.

1 hour ago, exiledblue said:

In Italy that earned him a free kick, it covers up his poor control

Maybe that was about Sterling...both were guilty of going down with little or no contact

Bison   
13 minutes ago, didierforever said:

Exactly this. The fact that we our consistently finishing 15+ points off 1st is the definition of failures. I am sure, the PL is at the top most of the priorities for this club and we are way off.

It's just bizarre, isn't it?

'The 50m striker who has scored 7 league goals in 2 seasons isn't a failure because he has featured in 45 games'

'The 72m attacker with 6 league goals in 2 seasons isn't a failure because he's featured in 42 games'

I guess it's hard to fail when being able to hang around like a fart in a confined space is all you need to do.

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

1. The measure of success is not the gap with  Man city, but points gained from the whole division

No. The measure of success is winning the league, or at least coming close.

The fact that we are so far behind City is itself indicative of a failure of some sort: even if they are a freakishly talented, expensively assembled squad we only have to play them twice, so to be considerably more than 6 points behind them is a mediocre performance.

Even if we accept your premise we are currently on course for a return of marginally under 76 points for the season, a total which would have put us at least 10 points behind the winners in all but 1 of the last 10 seasons (5 points behind the the mighty Leicester total in 2016). Most years 76 points will get you 3rd place, which is exactly where we are as a club.