Holymoly   
16 hours ago, Diddymen said:

So let me get this straight - Arsenal have called on the Premier League to postpone their match against Spurs because - wait for it - injuries?!

seriously, WTF?

Call me old fashioned but I thought that was what squads, and in extremes the youth squads, were for? If there were literally no players at the club available to play ok  but to cry over the fact they have half their regulars unavailable is just overly precious. If the game was put off the precedent it would set is unimaginable for the opportinites to game the system by clubs.

Bison   

Pulisic, Ziyech and Lukaku? 

Looks like Tuchel has decided for zero ball retention today. Odd. 

I am surprised that Mount, Havertz and Werner don't start, although Mount didn't look quite right in the week, but I really thought the pace of Werner would be used today.

Kovacic and Kante in the middle is the right call for me, I am surprised Jorginho doesn't start, but if they can replicate the performance they put in vs Liverpool then that will make a massive difference.

Big game for Pulisic and Ziyech, big faith is shown in them today, I hope they perform as they can.

1 minute ago, Holymoly said:

Call me old fashioned but I thought that was what squads, and in extremes the youth squads, were for? If there were literally no players at the club available to play ok  but to cry over the fact they have half their regulars unavailable is just overly precious. If the game was put off the precedent it would set is unimaginable for the opportinites to game the system by clubs.

They just let a couple of players leave on loan, if they had such a frail and thin squad, why would they do that? The PL cannot postpone that game.

Bison   

Reports said Man City had covid issues. That's their strongest 11 lol. 

Bison   
2 minutes ago, Diddymen said:

Not sure about that forward line up

To be fair to Tuchel, this can be said no matter who plays. 

16 minutes ago, Bison said:

Pulisic, Ziyech and Lukaku? 

Looks like Tuchel has decided for zero ball retention today. Odd. 

Yes.  No Jorginho.  Sarr is probably our weakest ball player at CB.  
Of course the underlying issue is that City will press very high and so we will go route 1 what ever our own team selection is.

I'm guessing Mount was sub-par mid-week for a reason, and that is why he doesn't start.  

1 minute ago, Droy was my hero said:

Yes.  No Jorginho.  Sarr is probably our weakest ball player at CB.  
Of course the underlying issue is that City will press very high and so we will go route 1 what ever our own team selection is.

I'm guessing Mount was sub-par mid-week for a reason, and that is why he doesn't start.  

No Jorginho, but that means Kante and Kova together and they were superb against Liverpool as a pairing. I think it's a brave but good call from Tuchel.

Agree RE route 1 and that is why I'm so surprised Werner doesn't play, his pace in behind the back 4 would have been important to our game plan, IMO.

Lukaku, needs a big big game, hasn't really got going this season and these are surely the games we signed him for.