bONes   
1 hour ago, Bison said:

It's squad building and club management on a completely different level. They would never spend 300m and end up with Pulisic, Ziyech, Werner, Havertz and Lukaku to show for it. 

Interesting point. They used to sign random players at the start of they middle eastern honeymoon, but how many **** signings have they made in the last 5 years?

Leo91   

You get the feeling that no player is bought unless Pep wants him personally. At Chelsea, I feel like there are more fingers in the pies. 

2 hours ago, bONes said:

Interesting point. They used to sign random players at the start of they middle eastern honeymoon, but how many **** signings have they made in the last 5 years?

Ferran Torres
Danilo
Mendy

Also, if you have a look back at their transfers, they bring a LOT of 18-20 from all around the world, that is never even known about or heard about.

However, I agree with your point about the general quality of their signings, they are pretty unique in that, but it probably helps when your funds are basically unlimited and you’ve got a manager who’s there for the long term.

Tifftiff   

After watching the game yesterday I just can’t believe how bad our forward line was….

Lukaku at the money he has cost should be the finished article and in games like this make a real difference…that’s what we are paying a huge transfer fee for! He couldn’t trap a bag of cement….lost every single header….has all the power but hasn’t got the cuteness or football brain to use it….embarrassing we paid so much for him…it’s all about him unfortunately he’s just so overrated and the Italian league is his level which let’s be honest isn’t that good…flat track bully and no more!….please PSG make a bid!

Pulisic just can’t handle the Premiership pace and power….never seems to be in total control of the ball…the same as Ziyceh so left footed and lightweight! Werner I don’t think will ever come good for us so many chances missed we are more surprised when he actually scores! CHO has promise but is still frustrating…Havertz I think will come good but needs a good preseason to put on a bit more muscle.

Our midfield has no real creativity at all as much as we need it…too much sideways and backwards passes…looking forward to Connor playing next year for us….has a goal in him and looks forward as does Mount.

Defense is solid such a same we’ve lost our two wing backs.

Rant over… just so bloody frustrating to have spent so much money  on a rubbish forward line that couldn’t finish there dinner even when it’s put on a plate!

26 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

You get the feeling that no player is bought unless Pep wants him personally. At Chelsea, I feel like there are more fingers in the pies. 

Yeah, but what then happens when leaves?

Look at United after Ferguson left, the whole club built by and around him fell apart the moment he walked out the door.

Im not suggesting Pep has had the same impact as his club as Ferguson had, but Man City are in a bit of trouble if Pep were to leave as everything is built around him. Chelsea are different, we’re built to survive whoever (within reason) the manager is, which has been pretty successful.

bONes   
5 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Ferran Torres
Danilo
Mendy

Also, if you have a look back at their transfers, they bring a LOT of 18-20 from all around the world, that is never even known about or heard about.

However, I agree with your point about the general quality of their signings, they are pretty unique in that, but it probably helps when your funds are basically unlimited and you’ve got a manager who’s there for the long term.

I was not making any point. Just asking an open question.

those are good examples though. Any more?

6 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Ferran Torres
Danilo
Mendy

And you're cheating , let's not overlook that most salient point.

10 minutes ago, Tifftiff said:

After watching the game yesterday I just can’t believe how bad our forward line was….

Lukaku at the money he has cost should be the finished article and in games like this make a real difference…that’s what we are paying a huge transfer fee for! He couldn’t trap a bag of cement….lost every single header….has all the power but hasn’t got the cuteness or football brain to use it….embarrassing we paid so much for him…it’s all about him unfortunately he’s just so overrated and the Italian league is his level which let’s be honest isn’t that good…flat track bully and no more!….please PSG make a bid!

QaEp.gif.86ee27ea7439a93d32acc7bcb2c714b5.gif

25 minutes ago, bONes said:

I was not making any point. Just asking an open question.

those are good examples though. Any more?

Not unless you list out the completely random signings they’ve made of players I’ve never heard of.

24 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

And you're cheating , let's not overlook that most salient point.

Cheating at what?