asvaberg   
2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Basically this. 

The frustration comes from the other games we have dropped points in. 

To limit City to two decent shots (one of which we presented them) was very good. In those tight games, you have to take the chances that come your way, and we didn't 

Hear, hear! 

6 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Why can you only blame the injuries for so long? Surely you can blame them for as long as we have an issue with them?

Take TAA and Robertson out of that Liverpool team for a few months whilst asking them to constantly have to rotate the CBs week on week because of injuries and covid and then force their midfield 3 to play with injuries and not fully fit for about 2 months… how do you think they’d get on? And would that be Klopps fault?

If you can’t see how well this team has done to get through this injury/covid crisis whilst remaining in all cup competitions and within the top 3, then I’m not sure you’ll ever understand why some of us are fully backing Tuchel. 

We were too of the table when Chilwell wasn't even in the side, so you are basically saying that James is the difference between us challenging for the title and being where we are now. I would add that James form had gone off the boil before he got injured. 

We are not in contention because the problems we have had for a long time now - lacking in midfield and up front. Simple as! Until we find some genuine creative talent in midfield and top class players up front, then we won't win or seriously challenge for the league no matter who the manager is!

As for fully backing TT?

I ask who we could get who is any better? Pep and Klopp are clearly the top two in the world. After those two it has to be the likes of TT and Conte, so what would be the point in looking for another manager any time soon?

We're a good way off from winning the titlle and there's no quick fix because the kind of players we need are already at top clubs and will be almost impossible for us sign.  In the meantime,  what we shouldn't be doing is throwing crap loads at players who are clearly not going to take us to title winning levels just because we can't sign anyone else. Dembele is the latest player we are linked with who we shouldn't go anywhere near. Rice at £100 would be another appalling waste of money.

Hiring better scouts would be a good start, along with giving TT a few years to make the changes that need to be made.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

We were too of the table when Chilwell wasn't even in the side, so you are basically saying that James is the difference between us challenging for the title and being where we are now. I would add that James form had gone off the boil before he got injured. 

We are not in contention because the problems we have had for a long time now - lacking in midfield and up front. Simple as! Until we find some genuine creative talent in midfield and top class players up front, then we won't win or seriously challenge for the league no matter who the manager is!

As for fully backing TT?

I ask who we could get who is any better? Pep and Klopp are clearly the top two in the world. After those two it has to be the likes of TT and Conte, so what would be the point in looking for another manager any time soon?

We're a good way off from winning the titlle and there's no quick fix because the kind of players we need are already at top clubs and will be almost impossible for us sign.  In the meantime,  what we shouldn't be doing is throwing crap loads at players who are clearly not going to take us to title winning levels just because we can't sign anyone else. Dembele is the latest player we are linked with who we shouldn't go anywhere near. Rice at £100 would be another appalling waste of money.

Hiring better scouts would be a good start, along with giving TT a few years to make the changes that need to be made.

If your take out from what I said is that I ‘basically said that James is the difference between us challenging for a title than not’, then I think we should just end the discussion now.

ROTG   
8 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Why can you only blame the injuries for so long? Surely you can blame them for as long as we have an issue with them?

Take TAA and Robertson out of that Liverpool team for a few months whilst asking them to constantly have to rotate the CBs week on week because of injuries and covid and then force their midfield 3 to play with injuries and not fully fit for about 2 months… how do you think they’d get on? And would that be Klopps fault?

If you can’t see how well this team has done to get through this injury/covid crisis whilst remaining in all cup competitions and within the top 3, then I’m not sure you’ll ever understand why some of us are fully backing Tuchel. 

I have no problem with the coach, however some of his tactics are questionable. IMO I just think he is over thinking things rather than going back to basics

The team he selected on Saturday was a mature team with XXX number of international cap, however they played like rabbits in headlights which is down to preparation and motivation IMO

Allegedly man for man we have the strongest squad, therefore one or two injuries should not make the team collapse like house of cards

Villa, Southampton, Villa and Spuds, not exactly the hardest of route to a final

Ham   
2 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

As for fully backing TT?

Klopp possibly. Tuchel is right up there with Klopp.

The jury is still very much still out on Pep as he has never been tested.

ROTG   
5 hours ago, paulw66 said:

To limit City to two decent shots (one of which we presented them) was very good.

Love the defence, however I don't think Chitty ever got into top gear

3 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

As for fully backing TT?

To be fair I do think Rice is worth £100. I'd pay it myself if he would come to us 😆

12 hours ago, Floyd25 said:

Difference is though they were garbage before they were taken over, they’re owned by a dodgy UAE organisation. They have a cheque book manager who’s never taken a tricky job in his life and no one apart from a United really dislikes them intensely, it’s all a bit boring. 

This is just you desperately trying to find a straw to clutch at

We were a chequebook club for many years that's how it's done . (Our loans to RA chequebook is over 1.5B and rising.)

Pep took over a mid table nondescript team and made them into a formidable team.

Being hated isn't a mark of respect either . Most opposing fans hate us for the wrong reasons..

paulw66   
1 hour ago, r.bartlett said:

Pep took over a mid table nondescript team and made them into a formidable team.

Pep took over a team that finished 4th, spent 1bn and turned them into a formidable team.

7 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

If your take out from what I said is that I ‘basically said that James is the difference between us challenging for a title than not’, then I think we should just end the discussion now.

My point was, apart from James, there was no difference in quality between the team we put out on Saturday than the ones when we were top of the league. 

Nobody was complaing about Chilwell not being in the team when results were going for us. James wasn't playing all that well when he got injured and I thought Azpi played as well as James had been playing.