4 hours ago, Ham said:

Klopp possibly. Tuchel is right up there with Klopp.

The jury is still very much still out on Pep as he has never been tested.

Pep has taken City a level or two higher. Klopp has worked wonders on the budget he's had to play with.  

Until TT makes us serious title challengers he has to be rated below those two. Imho,  Conte winning the league gives him the edge over TT at this point in time.

4 hours ago, Freeboot-Rightz said:

Love the defence, however I don't think Chitty ever got into top gear

I was going to say the same.

By their standards that was a pretty average performance, but still looked comfortably better than us as, they did at the Bridge.

In terms of being competitive against them, we have regressed quite a lot this season.

Ham   
6 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Pep has taken City a level or two higher. Klopp has worked wonders on the budget he's had to play with.  

Until TT makes us serious title challengers he has to be rated below those two. Imho,  Conte winning the league gives him the edge over TT at this point in time.

Cheque book manager. 

paulw66   
33 minutes ago, r.bartlett said:

like Jose tbf.. 

Jose won the champions league with Porto and Inter, two teams who were far from favourites 

Pep has never won a trophy where his team wasn't favourite

• Like 1

ROTG   
8 hours ago, paulw66 said:

You are right, however he keeps his teams at the top level, whereas we "except JM MkI" fall at the first fence at the next race which leads to the jockey being replaced

ROTG   
9 hours ago, Ham said:

Cheque book manager. 

Don't you think the world would have been Pep's oyster and unlimited funds,  had RA persuaded him to come to Chelsea?

Edited by Freeboot-Rightz

asvaberg   
8 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Jose won the champions league with Porto and Inter, two teams who were far from favourites 

With ManC: 3 PL, 1 FA Cup*, 4 League Cups, 1 Community shield

* Rotherham > Burnley > Newport County > Swansea > Brighton > Watford :)

I wouldn't say they were clear favourites in the League cup final 2018-2019, would you ;) 

Edited by asvaberg

Sciatika   

We all like competition between players because it leads them to put in better performances on the pitch. TT was pointing this out in the press conference. Fewer players available means fewer options and a drop off of performance. Maybe we need two alternating managers competing for the role of running the first team. If one fails, the other has a turn. :-)

Jasonb   

For me we have a decent first team and then the levels fall off drastically.

Yes we suffered without Chilwell and James yet lets remember also at these times also Kante or Kovacic were often unavailable too.

I'm not a fan of Lukaku yet saw the struggles CFC were having to try and get any quality here over the summer so we got someone instead of no-one.

To make it worse after getting Lukaku, Havertz and Broja then seemed to show signs of looking decent.

While our WBs are injured think we would be better having Havertz lead the line as he can win a ball in the air and is more likely to recycle it. 

Lukaku might be better when we have the WBs back.

With all the injuries and COV-ID we are in the final of the League Cup, Knockout stages of the CL, fifth round of the FA Cup and 3rd in the League.

Looking forward we have the potential of Gallager and Broja playing for us next season, Chalobah was looking good and Sar looks like he will be a decent prospect soon.

Kepa even looks better.

I think TT deserves credit for keeping us in contention.

Yes I think personnel changes would help yet we have a number we would like to move-on, on long contracts.