Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Brighton at Amex Stadium before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 20:00 hours on Tuesday, 18th January 2022 (Local UK time/date). Live on BT Sport.

On to the next and let’s get some revenge for the reverse fixture.

If I were in charge I’d be dropping Lukaku and Ziyech for this one with a message of ‘you’re on the bench until you prove to me you should be starting, by coming off the bench and making an impact’.

Kepa

Azpi
Silva
Rudiger

CHO
Kova
Jorginho
Alomso

Mount
Havertz
Werner

paulw66   

Nice long rest for this one.

Brighton had a home game on the Friday, and we had an away game on Saturday.... Result, this game is Tuesday, not Wednesday

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Brighton had a home game on the Friday, and we had an away game on Saturday.... Result, this game is Tuesday, not Wednesday

If only we’d had a player sent off yesterday, we could have got this one postponed, like Arsenal did.

We could also really do with getting some more of our defenders fit sooner rather than later.

45 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

If I were in charge I’d be dropping Lukaku and Ziyech for this one with a message of ‘you’re on the bench until you prove to me you should be starting, by coming off the bench and making an impact’.

Kepa

Azpi
Silva
Rudiger

CHO
Kova
Jorginho
Alomso

Mount
Havertz
Werner

Other option may be to go 4 at the back again and play 4231.

Kepa

Azpi
Silva
Rudiger
Alonso

Kova
Jorginho

CHO
Havertz
Mount

Werner

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

You can't play 2 games a week regularly without having 3 day breaks sometimes.  At least we go from Lunch time to evening to make it 3 and a bit.
And then we have a 5 day break before Spurs in the Prem.  Spurs have 4 days.

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

If only we’d had a player sent off yesterday, we could have got this one postponed, like Arsenal did.

We could also really do with getting some more of our defenders fit sooner rather than later.

Why on earth would we want a postponement?  A third change for this game  (or at least 3rd change for a Brighton game)?

On defenders - actually we have been lucky.  We went through a period with all our CMs injured, then a period with most of our strikers injured and now it is defenders.  We have mostly had one group at a time, and all of the groups so far have got better so we haven't had, say Jorginho or Havertz starting every game for more than 6 or 7 weeks.

2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Yes...  but Mount.  Mount was so far below par mid-week that I am sure it wasn't tactics that mean TT dropped him for City, and he didn't particularly stand out when he came on (no special criticism for that).  I think Mount is a shoe in if he is 100% right, obvs, but this time TT may have to make a call on how ready he is.

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Why on earth would we want a postponement?  A third change for this game  (or at least 3rd change for a Brighton game)?

No I know, I don't want the postponement, it was more a dig at Arsenal getting the game postponed when it clearly shouldn't have been.

On defenders - actually we have been lucky.  We went through a period with all our CMs injured, then a period with most of our strikers injured and now it is defenders.  We have mostly had one group at a time, and all of the groups so far have got better so we haven't had, say Jorginho or Havertz starting every game for more than 6 or 7 weeks.

Lucky in the circumstances, yes, but lucky overall, definitely not. Chilwell for the length of time out is hideous and then adding James on top of that is terrible luck. Then throwing in Christensen and Chalobah too, just for good measure is relly bad luck.

Yes...  but Mount.  Mount was so far below par mid-week that I am sure it wasn't tactics that mean TT dropped him for City, and he didn't particularly stand out when he came on (no special criticism for that).  I think Mount is a shoe in if he is 100% right, obvs, but this time TT may have to make a call on how ready he is.

Yeah, I think you are right, I think Mount is carrying something or has been unwell in some way. I think a lot of our players have had to deal with that at some stage this season, unfortunately.

asvaberg   

So we meet a team who are "experts in draws" so far this season and we have a team with strikers that can't score but our defending is on a good day pretty acceptable.

I'd better run to the bookie and put £50 on a draw result? haha

But my heart says: come on Chelsea