Holymoly   

There's an awful lot of bollocks spoken by accounts only seen on the matchday thread.

DannyLB   

Happy I completely forgot about this match until I ran across the result over social media. Awful result. 

12 minutes ago, Diddymen said:

We have over £300 million worth of players. 

They might have cost £300 million but they're not worth half of that.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ham said:

Everyone knows Azpi and Alonso are exhausted. The PL have absolutely shafted us. 

This is a huge part of it. Rival fans are taking the piss and people here are frustrated, but the tiredness is massive. We have played 23 games, more than any other team. Brighton have played 21. 2 less than us plus the 2 legs against Spurs, so 4 games less than us.

Burnley have played 17 games. Leicester have played 18 games. Spurs have played 18 games. Arsenal have played 20 games. 

Edit: Tuchel is saying exactly the same. 

Edited by CarefreeMuratcan

14 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I kept repeating at the time it but those extra league cup games have cost us. 

Most PL teams getting gentle midweek runs and we have had to flog our players to death. Should have binned that competition a few rounds ago

Agreed. The chickens have come home to roost! Playing sides with high tempos and we are struggling.

paulw66   
2 minutes ago, Super Kenny Monkou said:

Agreed. The chickens have come home to roost! Playing sides with high tempos and we are struggling.

Both Brighton games we looked fuct.

Mana   
9 minutes ago, Bison said:

It is but we are a cup team. We are not built to win a league title. 30 odd points behind the champions every year for the last 4 seasons confirms that. 

Cup team? let’s get over our heads that we will win something.

This run of form is disgusting and Liverpool/Arsenal will beat us in this form. CWC will be super difficult. Early days for FA Cup. CL? If we face Bayern, City, PSG in the next rounds - game over.

If we are beating good teams in cup competitions (and Spuds don’t count because we always beat them regardless of their form), then we truly are a cup team.

Winning the CL and SC in 3 years isn’t enough to call us a cup team yet.

Edited by Mana

Ham   
2 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

This is a huge part of it. Rival fans are taking the piss and people here are frustrated, but the tiredness is massive. We have played 23 games, more than any other team. Brighton have played 21. 2 less than us plus the 2 legs against Spurs, so 4 games less than us.

Burnley have played 17 games. Leicester have played 18 games. Spurs have played 18 games. Arsenal have played 20 games. 

Plus the CL, League Cup and FA Cup games AND the international games the majority of our squad has to play.  I'd like to know how many more games we've played in total. 

We're not a crap team, we're broken. 

paulw66   
8 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Played 15 games since December

What's that 7 weeks? 

Brighton have played 9

Jake Humphrey nicking my stats.

paulw66   
1 minute ago, Ham said:

Plus the CL, League Cup and FA Cup games AND the international games the majority of our squad has to play.  I'd like to know how many more games we've played in total. 

We're not a crap team, we're broken. 

We played 67 games in 2021.

Most of our players went deep in the euros.