asvaberg   
10 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

No new injury concerns for tomorrow, Chilwell, James and Chalobah all still out.

Hopefully that means Christensen is back fit for this one.

Can we hope for:

Kepa

Christ - Silva - Rüdiger

Azpi                                 Sarr

Kante - Kovacic 

Pulisic - Lukaku - Werner

Mana   
1 hour ago, VA96 said:

Not if (or when depending on your confidence levels) we beat them on Sunday 

Yeah, we have to beat them in order to make sure it's not in Spuds' hands on getting 3rd. Although again, I seriously doubt they'll win all their games in hand.

We DO need to win against Brighton though. A draw/loss widens the door for Spuds to the point that even beating them this weekend, it'll still in their hands.

44 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Yes I noticed that yesterday too. Nothing to worry about. We may have our problems but the pack behind us are much worse. 

1 win in 6. We are EASILY catchable if this rot doesn't stop from tomorrow.

Edited by Mana

30 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

Can we hope for:

Kepa

Christ - Silva - Rüdiger

Azpi                                 Sarr

Kante - Kovacic 

Pulisic - Lukaku - Werner

We can, but why would we? 

I would prefer a front 3 of Mount, Havertz, Hudson-Odoi personally.

38 minutes ago, RDC Williams said:

Yep, if they are fit enough then I'd start Mount and Havertz with either Werner or CHO for all upcoming league games. Whether Lukaku is as poor as I expected or we just aren't using him right, I don't know, but either way, it is not working and we seem a better 'team' when Havertz plays that role.

23 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Yep, if they are fit enough then I'd start Mount and Havertz with either Werner or CHO for all upcoming league games. Whether Lukaku is as poor as I expected or we just aren't using him right, I don't know, but either way, it is not working and we seem a better 'team' when Havertz plays that role.

Absolutely. I think the immediate dynamic uplift when Mount and CHO came on at City was quite marked and Havertz is our No1 centre forward now.

Edited by RDC Williams
  • Like 1

Ham   
1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

We're definitely not peppering the box with good quality crosses from the wings, that's for sure.  

Ham   
40 minutes ago, RDC Williams said:

Absolutely. I think the immediate dynamic uplift when Mount and CHO came on at City was quite marked and Havertz is our No1 centre forward now.

Yes but is TT keeping secrets from us/the opposition in relation to their fitness?

Why did Lukaku get so many minutes against Spurs and then start against City?  I was convinced that when he played a full game in the away Spurs game, Havertz was starting V City.  Otherwise it made no sense. 

11 minutes ago, Ham said:

Yes but is TT keeping secrets from us/the opposition in relation to their fitness?

Why did Lukaku get so many minutes against Spurs and then start against City?  I was convinced that when he played a full game in the away Spurs game, Havertz was starting V City.  Otherwise it made no sense. 

Yes, quite possibly. Mount was definitely not himself against Spurs and was holding his head and looked in pain when he came off. It does also look like Havertz is being managed.

Rob B   
6 hours ago, RDC Williams said:

Took the words right out of my mouth! 

Pulisic has an annoying tendency to take too many touches at the moment and just run into traffic.  Sometimes he wins a free kick but he almost always kills the momentum of the attack. 

You get the same with Werner but usually because of a heavy first touch or just gives the ball away. 

There’s no doubt in my mind that CHO, Mount and Havertz should all be on the pitch for us somewhere currently. (I could live with CHO playing wing back even) - their ability to retain possession under pressure and move into space is night & day versus the rest. 

ROTG   
9 hours ago, Rob B said:

Pulisic has an annoying tendency to take too many touches at the moment and just run into traffic.  Sometimes he wins a free kick but he almost always kills the momentum of the attack. 

IMO Pulisic seem most effective coming in from the left side and ghosting into the space at the far post when the team attacking from the right side