Ham   
2 minutes ago, Mana said:

Cup team? let’s get over our heads that we will win something.

This run of form is disgusting and Liverpool/Arsenal will beat us in this form. CWC will be super difficult. Early days for FA Cup. CL? If we face Bayern, City, PSG in the next rounds - game over.

If we are beating good teams in cup competitions (and Spuds don’t count because we always beat them regardless of their form), then we truly are a cup team.

Winning the CL and SC doesn’t enough to call us a cup team yet.

Do you at least accept that our squad is injured and exhausted or does that not get taken into account by you?

Is everything that black and white for you in life?

chara   

Confession...I switched off ten minutes into second half. I looked at it all and asked myself if this wasn't a Chelsea game would I still be watching it?,,,answer was NO...so off it went...like all on here I suspect I knew what was going to unfold.

I have followed Chelsea for a long long time but never left a game before the final whistle and watched some abysmal sides and games but some of the stuff this season  has been appalling.....the early season games seem to be a different world.

As ever interspersed have been enjoyable results if not football treasures.....watching Silva in any game is a joy but that is not enough.

All the reasons given or suggested here are valid but not the whole story.......... pick your own scapegoat in any game and probably you are justified but what is the answer?

An expensive striker who doesn't strike...a disruption to a burgeoning system...knackered players..Mount has played too much football without a proper break,,amongst others...and on.... I really don't blame proven players but surely a club with the purchasing power of Chelsea can come up with a deeper quality squad than the present one....key injuries and covid have decimated any challenge that may have been.

Mana   
1 minute ago, paulw66 said:

We played 67 games in 2021.

Most of our players went deep in the euros.

And City? Liverpool?

Holymoly   
3 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Football wise this was far worse than the City game that people go so upset about.
Strikes me there was a huge lack of energy today - to the point that I don't quite now how we played so well in comparison against Liverpool and City.  Back towards the form we had in December.

To be honest this is nothing new. We seem to be a club unable to string an entire season together and have been since Conte was here. I sometimes wonder if top level coaches are able to comprehend the tactics required when they come up against teams that play with their hearts instead of a playbook. We always seem surprised when we come up against a team outside the top six that doesn't roll over to let us tickle their tummies. I think the telling factor is though that we have played about 12 games more than Brighton before this game. Our injuries have meant we have little option to rotate in the important positions, and in attack literally everyone is out of form.

While I'm not pressing for his removal at all, that would be idiotic, but Tuchel is rapidly finding himself in much the same position that SFL was this time last year. Hopefully the board will hold its nerve this time and make sensible acquisitions in the next couple of transfer windows.

22 minutes ago, Bison said:

The serious questions be answered  by the people wasting obscene amounts of money on subpar players.

This!!!!!!!!

paulw66   
2 minutes ago, Super Kenny Monkou said:

All you can hope is that Brighton match those performance levels against our top 4 rivals.

Well arsenal and spurs are going to have a backlog later on. 

Bison   
5 minutes ago, Mana said:

Cup team? let’s get over our heads that we will win something.

This run of form is disgusting and Liverpool/Arsenal will beat us in this form. CWC will be super difficult. Early days for FA Cup. CL? If we face Bayern, City, PSG in the next rounds - game over.

If we are beating good teams in cup competitions (and Spuds don’t count because we always beat them regardless of their form), then we truly are a cup team.

Winning the CL and SC in 3 years isn’t enough to call us a cup team yet.

Meant more that winning a cup is our aim. We are not a serious player for the Premier League title and haven't been for 5 seasons. We're a 'qualify for top 4 and see what happens in the cups' club now. You don't finish 30 points on average behind the champions 4 years in a row if you aren't. 

Kepa - 6, not much to do but looked awake back there.

Alonso -6, looked like he cared. Found himself at right wing trying to press in the last few mins but, got caught a few times by lamptey.

Silva - 6, similar to Alonso got caught a few times with pace.

Rudiger -5, one of his less commanding games.

Azpi -5, missed cross after cross when in good positions. Looked on his last legs. Don't blame him.

Jorginho -4, well off the pace.

Kante -4, kept misplacing passes.

CHO -5, looks good beating the first man then bottles it. 

Ziyech -6, looked most likely to produce something and did. Attitude when scoring not good. Suspect he could cause problems in the dressing room.

Mount -4, was he even playing. Been poor since the Euros.

Lukaku -3, too easy to defend against. Need to cut our losses. Only seen him look good when we played Spurs with Werner running off.

Tuchel-3, worst decisions so far. Should've started with Werner, Havertz and Kov. And should've changed things a lot earlier.

Suspect something is going on behind the scenes.. it usually is at Chelsea. Felt like Tuchel is trying to make a point by starting with Lukaku/Ziyech.

Mana   
1 minute ago, Ham said:

Do you at least accept that our squad is injured and exhausted or does that not get taken into account by you?

Is everything that black and white for you in life?

Then play the kids like Hall or Vale. They’ll most likely perform better than these dead players.