Mana   
5 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I said it pre game.... We had 2 league cup semi final games, they had none, and for our two away games, we have to play Saturday then Tuesday, whilst rested Brighton have two home games and get to play Friday

Doesn’t matter, Chelsea has more money, better facilities and squad than Brighton.

But this is more at fault with TT, not able to game manage properly. Not using the youth team more. Not subbing off players when they were dead in the 60+ minute.

Edited by Mana

5 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Sadly it's being proved that expense doesn't mean excellence in our case.  

True, but even when we're not that great we still win things. 

Way better than  being an Everton fan seeing their club blow hundreds of millions on rubbish that gets them nowhere close to winning anything.

paulw66   
Just now, Mana said:

Doesn’t matter, Chelsea has more money, better facilities and players than Brighton.

But this is more at fault with TT, not able to game manage properly. Not using the youth team more. Not subbing off players when they were dead in the 60+ minute.

Of course it matters.

4 minutes ago, Freeboot-Rightz said:

We also have one of the most expensive squads in PL history, which was created to play 60+ games in a season.

personally I would have gone down the injury route rather than Covid for an excuse. 

I think the problem is we are playing against teams that are better rested than us because of the PL allowing all these postponements. Brighton have had a fitness advantage on us in both games. 

7 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I said it pre game.... We had 2 league cup semi final games, they had none, and for our two away games, we have to play Saturday then Tuesday, whilst rested Brighton have two home games and get to play Friday

Exactly. These things all add up and are huge differences at this level. 

16 minutes ago, JaneB said:

And to think some on here used to find fault with Fabregas.

I have no idea what's wrong at the moment, probably a multitude of things, but I will never forgive players for not trying and not caring.  

When confidence goes it always looks like players aren't trying.

I didn't see a lack of effort, just a lot of players playing below their best. 

Ham   
1 minute ago, paulw66 said:

Of course it matters.

You're wasting your time. 

Chilwell and James were crucial to our style of play. It’s not a coincidence that our form has collapsed since they got injured. I don’t think there’s anything that Tuchel can do other than flog Alonso and Azpi to death. We can’t sign anyone any good, because they know they’ll be second fiddle once Chilwell and James eventually return. Alonso and Azpi are the back ups. Now we need back ups to the back ups. He’s been given Kenedy. That’s it.

In midfield Jorginho and Mount look like they should be having two months rest. Not playing football. Kante and Kovacic have been injured most of the season. Ziyech, Pulisic and CHO should be really fighting for one spot, definitely not all on the pitch at once. While Werner and Havertz have been dumped in favour of Lukaku, who looks like he really does regret being here. 

All in all, it’s a right old mess. 

Mana   
Just now, paulw66 said:

Of course it matters.

No it doesn’t because that’s football. When you are one of the big clubs in Europe you are BOUND to compete in more games. It’s basic maths otherwise we are a small club.

This is why we have a better quality squad than Brighton. It’s HOW you use them. 

26 minutes ago, chara said:

Confession...I switched off ten minutes into second half. I looked at it all and asked myself if this wasn't a Chelsea game would I still be watching it?,,,answer was NO...so off it went...like all on here I suspect I knew what was going to unfold.

I have followed Chelsea for a long long time but never left a game before the final whistle and watched some abysmal sides and games but some of the stuff this season  has been appalling.....the early season games seem to be a different world.

As ever interspersed have been enjoyable results if not football treasures.....watching Silva in any game is a joy but that is not enough.

I was going when we really were shite and nearly got relegated to the old third division. Remember freezing my balls off watching us at night game at Birmingham near Xmas. The football was sooooo bad some Chelsea fans jokingly talked about leaving before halftime.

Happy to say we've been very spoilt these last two decades.