1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

There is certainly something up with the way Lukaku combines with the team.  For me a big part of the issue is that he is expected to be a target man, yet the AMs (we had 3 today with Mount) don't get at all close to him - you can't link with players who don't get close. 

A striker being asked to play with his back to goal when that was arguably his biggest weakness. Strange is the word.

The ball is literally played to him and he's facing the midfield with noone near him... great strategy tbh. At least Anelka kicked up a stink when Scolari didn't know what he was doing.

• Like 1

Ro61   

It was a funny game(peculiar)it's like a chelsea team that I'm not familiar with at all - the players are familiar of course,but our play was tired and jaded.There were no standout players,in the positives or negatives except Silva who was class,and Jorginho...what can I say.He is just not suited to the premier league.

I wonder why it took Tuchel until the 76th minute to make the changes that I wholeheartedly  agreed with.We honestly looked like a tired team and no fault on Tuchel.If we can limp over the line and finish in a champions league place I will be happy.What was wrong with Ziyech? and his moody reaction to his goal?

ROTG   
7 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Brighton have had a fitness advantage on us in both games. 

Disagree. 

Brighton were mentally stronger, more desire and better organised. 

Edited by Freeboot-Rightz

Have slept on it and have skipped the last 5 pages on here. I’m really disappointed by last nights result and performance, but my feeling is that the guys are just absolutely knackered, physically and mentally. We had no time to rest and prepare for this game and it’s been like that for most our games since November.

I know some will say it’s great to get the games out the way rather than build them up for later in the season, but the guys are out on their feet, running on empty and the fact the PL wouldn’t grant us our one postponement when we clearly didn’t have enough for players, is a disgrace when you see some of the teams who have got games called off.

I feel for Tuchel, but I think he’s doing the best he can in this situation. His squad needs two weeks off to regain fitness and sharpness, but that’s not going to be possible.

ROTG   
5 hours ago, Ro61 said:

I don't understand why we don't have a member of the coaching staff with a view from above,or do we?(it happens in american sports)

I believe the dinosaur Allardyce had a member of his staff in the stands 

1 hour ago, Freeboot-Rightz said:

Disagree. 

But doesn’t that come from being mentally fresh and in good form which they are.

52 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Have slept on it and have skipped the last 5 pages on here. I’m really disappointed by last nights result and performance, but my feeling is that the guys are just absolutely knackered, physically and mentally. We had no time to rest and prepare for this game and it’s been like that for most our games since November.

I know some will say it’s great to get the games out the way rather than build them up for later in the season, but the guys are out on their feet, running on empty and the fact the PL wouldn’t grant us our one postponement when we clearly didn’t have enough for players, is a disgrace when you see some of the teams who have got games called off.

I feel for Tuchel, but I think he’s doing the best he can in this situation. His squad needs two weeks off to regain fitness and sharpness, but that’s not going to be possible.

I was disappointed but not surprised. This reminds me of 16-17 under Conte where numerous cup games and the ensuing fatigue meant our league form fell of a cliff.

Hoping the club World Cup will give the players a break from the intensity of the league and may mentally refresh them.

4 minutes ago, Super Kenny Monkou said:

I was disappointed but not surprised. This reminds me of 16-17 under Conte where numerous cup games and the ensuing fatigue meant our league form fell of a cliff.

Hoping the club World Cup will give the players a break from the intensity of the league and may mentally refresh them.

Yeah, it’s hard to watch isn’t it? Hopefully the winter break combined with getting away to the CWC will allow the team to reset in some way.

Also, you would think, winning the CWC may provide us with a mid season boost to help with the final push.

Blue Rod   
9 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

... I am worried that Brighton has 44% possession against us, they are 6 places and 15 points behind us and weren't even trying to play possession football, they went direct. ...

When your head is only half way out of the sand. 

What happened to your xG machine? It normally shows that most of us were watching with our screens upside down.  

Things must be pretty bad if it's no longer disloyal to state that we were outplayed by Brighton. 

Holymoly   
2 hours ago, Freeboot-Rightz said:

Disagree. 

Since the start of the season we have played 36 games while Brighton have only played 25. Comparatively, we are more tired because squad rotation is reduced due to injuries in key areas and out of that is bred mental exhaustion which exhibits itself as a lack of organisation. The players are finding it difficult to play instinctively as a cohesive unit and are relying on individual skill which only gets you so far. Add on top of that the turbulence caused by the Lukaku affair and you begin to see fractures in the squad. You have the uncertainty caused by the players out of contract possibly resulting in all the players in the squad starting to think about relative pay differentials and you end up after all that with an explosive cocktail of negativity.

Tuchel will be having his work cut out at the moment. We desperately need some new blood injected into the squad this month to try and kick start our season again and develop a bit of motivation and enthusiasm.