15 minutes ago, East Lower said:

He has many attributes also, but there will be teams against who he will be less effective against - last night’s opponent is one of them.

So fans are saying he can't dribble, poor first touch, not good with his passing, not good in  ariel duels, lacks pace ( it already looks like he's losing the bit of pace he once had) can't press, can't do it against the good teams and now he's not effective against the likes of Brighton.

Underlines the absolute sick farce of this £100 million signing.

1 hour ago, NoblyBobly said:

Do we have one coming? We are only half way through the season and Tuchel is saying the players were too tired to even celebrate Zyechs first half goal!! He is rotating but no one comes on with a spring in their step and their hat at a jaunty angle. Normally there's a couple of players dragging the team forward when bad form or bad fitness takes hold. I have seen Hazard do it, I have even seen Willian try to do it single handidly, but I looked through the team and subs yesterday and saw no one. Actually tbf Silva played well, but a CB can't change a game. 

My concern is that you are right and this is fatigue, because that's the worse case scenario. Form can return but fatigue can only get worse. I don't want to scare anyone but we are in all compts and entering the meat and drink part of the season. And If they suddenly start playing well the accusation will be " well what the hell happened to the last 12 games...did you all just drink a can of red bull? "

( but a happy New year to you anyway!)

We are only half way through the season.

Alonso has has missed games. CHO has missed games. Lukaku has missed games. Ziyech has missed games. Mount has missed games.Azpi has missed games. Kova has missed games. Puli has missed games. Havertz has missed games. Werner has missed games.

Poor excuses from TT.

asvaberg   
1 hour ago, NoblyBobly said:

I have tried not to get embroiled in the Lukaku debate because my opinion of him is tainted by one 20 minute performance about 10 years ago. Seeing as I can't seem to shake it out of my system I figured that my narrative that he is a lazy SOB is my agenda and I need to keep it to myself. But now the genie is out of the bottle so here goes.

It was the super cup final with A.Madrid. It wasn't a nothing game, we really needed that trophy. Lukaku had been banging them in for other teams while on loan but as soon as he pulled on the shirt of the club that was paying him he went from "fox in the box to "fat Labradoor having a snooze by the fire". Anyway the final game of the season arrived as it was brutal. The season had been long and hard ( although Luka had not played many games) but other players had. Luka was a sub. At some point we had a man sent off but we got to extra time with 10 men. Players had fun their feet to bloody stumps but we needed a goal. So on came the 18 year old boy wonder with 20 mins to go. I'm not kidding you, he ambled around that pitch with a gait that suggested he'd just shat himself. He was a discrace. The game went to pens. Up he lazily strolled ,as he had all game , and rolled it into the keepers arms ( or did he miss...can't remember but it was a shocking pen). We lost the shoot out and went home with nothing. Anyone can miss a pen, I know that, but he just looked like he didn't want to be at this club. Same kind of look he has now ten years later. Would we have been any worse keeping Giroux and Tammy and saving our 100 mill for Halland next season? Apparently all the Luka dreams about is playing for Milan again. Let's hope someone from the " make a wish" foundation is listening. 

SuperCup final 2012 Atletico Madrid? Lukaku wasn't there. It did not end in a draw and penalty shootout - it ended 4-1 to AM.

It was the year after, 2013, against Bayern Munich - 2-2 and penalties > 5-4 BM. Lukaku had the last of 5 pens, and missed.

Enjoy, 

Edited by asvaberg

50 minutes ago, East Lower said:

Think you need to review the comments in the last sentence - it’s hardly an ‘insult’. 

He has very little pace and cannot do what someone like Kovacic can do when being pressed. If you look at the home game against Brighton, all Brighton did was to put Bissouma (spelling?) on top of Jorginho and that outlet and out ball disappeared. More teams will pick up on this and attempt the same. 

He has many attributes also, but there will be teams against who he will be less effective against - last night’s opponent is one of them.

Bissouma has indeed many attributes but playing last night was not one of them, He is in the ACN with Mali. It doesnt take much to man mark Jorge out of a game thou.

Brighton: Sanchez; Veltman, Webster, Brun; Lamptey, Gross, Alzate, Cucurella; Moder, Welbeck, MacAllister

Subs: Schierpen, McGill, Maupay, Trossard, March, Caicedo, Roberts , Leonard, Ferguson

GURJ SS   
16 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

So fans are saying he can't dribble, poor first touch, not good with his passing, not good in  ariel duels, lacks pace ( it already looks like he's losing the bit of pace he once had) can't press, can't do it against the good teams and now he's not effective against the likes of Brighton.

Fans are scapegoating. Lukaku is spending far too much time receiving the ball with his back to goal, he can't get ball on the half turn because we struggle to break a team down through the middle, he's not having crosses played into the box, the long ball distribution from our team is horrendously poor, and the team is leaving him isolated when he's on the ball; no striker in the world can do it all alone.

Has the squad got an issue with him? He spent the whole game asking for teammates to get closer, Mount and CHO spent the time twiddling their thumbs, the moment Havertz comes on not only  crosses start but also Mount and CHO start playing closer to the striker.

When I heard what Lukaku said I was happy for him to leave, since he apologised and the club and manager have decided he can play then he's our striker, but if it means half the team not playing alongside him then I'd rather see those players sit on the bench.

We've got to have some sort of fairness across the board, last night Ziyech was our best attacking player, he fought, chased down, got the ball and looked to make something happen. Lukaku was then behind him, he was up against 2 centre backs and a DM closing him down, and every time he managed to get the ball to a teammate that teammate chose to slow down and pass backwards; in particular CHO and Mount, until the last 5mins both CHO and Mount were nothing short of utter embarrassment and shouldn't start the next game.

asvaberg   
3 minutes ago, southcoastal said:

Bissouma has indeed many attributes but playing last night was not one of them, He is in the ACN with Mali. It doesnt take much to man mark Jorge out of a game thou.

Brighton: Sanchez; Veltman, Webster, Brun; Lamptey, Gross, Alzate, Cucurella; Moder, Welbeck, MacAllister

Subs: Schierpen, McGill, Maupay, Trossard, March, Caicedo, Roberts , Leonard, Ferguson

He ment the other match, at Stamford Bridge :)

asvaberg   
2 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

Lukaku is spending far too much time receiving the ball with his back to goal,

but, but, but - this is exactly what Drogba did, and he surely was successfull :)

Edited by asvaberg

6 minutes ago, southcoastal said:

If you go back in the thread, you’ll see I was referring to the game at Home 😀

Just now, GURJ SS said:

Fans are scapegoating. Lukaku is spending far too much time receiving the ball with his back to goal, he can't get ball on the half turn because we struggle to break a team down through the middle, he's not having crosses played into the box, the long ball distribution from our team is horrendously poor, and the team is leaving him isolated when he's on the ball; no striker in the world can do it all alone.

Has the squad got an issue with him? He spent the whole game asking for teammates to get closer, Mount and CHO spent the time twiddling their thumbs, the moment Havertz comes on not only  crosses start but also Mount and CHO start playing closer to the striker.

When I heard what Lukaku said I was happy for him to leave, since he apologised and the club and manager have decided he can play then he's our striker, but if it means half the team not playing alongside him then I'd rather see those players sit on the bench.

We've got to have some sort of fairness across the board, last night Ziyech was our best attacking player, he fought, chased down, got the ball and looked to make something happen. Lukaku was then behind him, he was up against 2 centre backs and a DM closing him down, and every time he managed to get the ball to a teammate that teammate chose to slow down and pass backwards; in particular CHO and Mount, until the last 5mins both CHO and Mount were nothing short of utter embarrassment and shouldn't start the next game.

Lukaku said he's apologise to the fans with his actions on the pitch . Suddenly , he's struck dumb.

He is doing the bare minimum just trying to appear to be interested . He's not . He's got what appears to be a completely unfounded superiority complex and we honestly need to cut our losses , move him on at a huge loss if necessary and buy a footballer to replace him .

No amount of scapegoating can cover for a leaden footed buffoon who can't run , can't jump , gets shrugged off the ball by players half his size and complains forcibly to his team mates when they deliver the pass ten centimetres outside where he wants it .

Italy , France , Germany , these are places where he will fit in as there's 36 dead rubber games a season  where he will find his comfort zone , the English Premier League is simply too difficult for a man of his sensibilities .  

45 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

He wasn’t good at all last night. Although trying to outstrength Burns, who’s mountainous wasn’t very bright.