Floyd25   
3 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Problem is though, in terms of winning or even challenging for the title, it's no longer actually working for us anymore.

Exactly what I was going to say, I think what we need is stability in order to challenge for a league title, unless we want to permanently become a cup side.

Unfortunately Sarri, Conte and Lampard said the same thing about some of these players, hard to motivate, we’re seeing a similar pattern emerging here and I’m sick of it. If Tuchel has truly lost some of these players, we can’t let them win and have this end up in yet another managerial sacking. It’s time to cut this out now, but sadly noise from the fans will likely fall on deaf ears. 

Edited by Floyd25

ROTG   
6 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Five years since the last title and not close to a challenge since we won it. City and Liverpool have stolen a march on us with stability and long-term planning. There is no quick fix to winning another title. Roman and the board have got to start showing patience and give the manager a proper amount of time to sort this team and squad out. Stick by TT,  even if we fail to get top four this season.

Long term planning is not the issue, it took 3 seasons "6 transfer window including the transfer ban" to weed out all the dross which was recruited during the conte period. the clubs recruitment and promotion of academy players over the past two seasons has been exceptional and expect this summer to be the final pieces of the jigsaw to be made this summer.

Whether it's TT or another coaching the team, I fully expect the squad to make a serious challenge for the PL next season and beyond

Holymoly   
9 hours ago, chara said:

I'm sure if you and I had crossed paths at SB back in the bad old days (and we probably did!) we would have been saying the same things as we are now!...WE remember when youngsters came into the side because there were no real alternatives and few enough of them really broke through long term...different times of course but throwing youngsters into a title challenge..as was... can be harmful to the challenge and the youngster.

I guess that's the old "you won't win anything with kids" argument. The counterargument to that of course is that every single foreign player we buy for exhorbitant sums was a kid at an academy at some point. Without the SFL era that was forced upon us due to the transfer ban, I wonder where the likes of Mount, James, Chalobah, Abraham or Hudson-Odoi would be playing now? Probably loaned out or sold to a Championship side while we spent a couple of hundred million on transfers.

ROTG   
7 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Probably loaned out or sold to a Championship side while we spent a couple of hundred million on transfers.

On the positive side, selling a number of the academy products, paid for Lukaku. :0)

Hopefully it means the club have a few quid in the pot for the coming summer. 

Blue Rod   

I am surprised so many people claim not to know why Ziyech didn't celebrate his goal. A few days back the manager was openly, in the view of global TV audience, expressing his dismay, anger, and ridicule for Ziyech misplacing a pass. 

We might never know what is going on behind the scenes. But if you ask me, I can think of half a dozen reasons why players may be passed off with the manager. And I'll repeat; no player (no human, for that matter) should be publicly shouted at for getting something wrong. When I raised this late time, the response from some fans was that it works. Well, it's still working, in the only way it was ever going to.

The most cheesy of it all was Tuchel criticising  CHO for trying a back-flip. It was utterly unnecessary, not behind closed doors, never mind in public. 

Floyd25   
1 hour ago, Blue Rod said:

And I'll repeat; no player (no human, for that matter) should be publicly shouted at for getting something wrong.

I would be infuriated too seeing so called big players misplacing simple passes, it can’t be easy to control your temper watching that. Some of these players need to toughen up a bit if they’re really that upset, players are so fragile these days. 

Edited by Floyd25

paulw66   
2 hours ago, Blue Rod said:

I am surprised so many people claim not to know why Ziyech didn't celebrate his goal. A few days back the manager was openly, in the view of global TV audience, expressing his dismay, anger, and ridicule for Ziyech misplacing a pass. 

We might never know what is going on behind the scenes. But if you ask me, I can think of half a dozen reasons why players may be passed off with the manager. And I'll repeat; no player (no human, for that matter) should be publicly shouted at for getting something wrong. When I raised this late time, the response from some fans was that it works. Well, it's still working, in the only way it was ever going to.

The most cheesy of it all was Tuchel criticising  CHO for trying a back-flip. It was utterly unnecessary, not behind closed doors, never mind in public. 

Let's pretend what you are saying is true (I don't agree), and Ziyech was angry / upset that Tuchel shouted at him (bless his cotton socks) in public.......you could argue TT got the exact response he was after......he scored in our next game and was our best attacking player (competition wasn't fierce, granted)

honestly, I have never seen so much fuss over a (non) goal celebration. 

Blue Rod   
38 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Let's pretend what you are saying is true (I don't agree), and Ziyech was angry / upset that Tuchel shouted at him (bless his cotton socks) in public.......you could argue TT got the exact response he was after......he scored in our next game and was our best attacking player (competition wasn't fierce, granted)

honestly, I have never seen so much fuss over a (non) goal celebration

How can you ignore the context of the non-celebration. We are on a run that, if not halted, would see us finish below 6th place. Our performance is not only abysmal but getting worse by every match. That is the context. In normal times very few people remember if and how a player celebrated. 

paulw66   
2 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

How can you ignore the context of the non-celebration. We are on a run that, if not halted, would see us finish below 6th place. Our performance is not only abysmal but getting worse by every match. That is the context. In normal times very few people remember if and how a player celebrated. 

Exactly, so what does it prove? Nothing. 

If we were on an 6 game winning streak and he celebrated like that, nobody would say anything. it is looking for a problem in something so trivial. 

Blue Rod   
2 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Exactly, so what does it prove? Nothing. 

If we were on an 6 game winning streak and he celebrated like that, nobody would say anything. it is looking for a problem in something so trivial. 

It adds to the suspicion that players are pissed off with the manager and are downing tools on him. Their performance clearly shows that. It's not just me, but most pundits are saying the same. I dont blame them. If any senior person at work shouted at me in public, I would tell them where to stick it.