My Blood Is Blue

Chelsea 2 Plymouth Argyle 1

Honestly, I'd not pay most of them for this week. Too many absolutely dreadful individual performances. I am aware how strongly worded this is, but Werner, Lukaku, Havertz and Hudson-Odoi ought to be ashamed of their contributions today. Incompetence is the good faith critique of how each played, just not caring the only reasonable alternative explanation for the lack of movement and the constant pulling away from contested balls.

My three main observations from that game:

1. Lukaku looks so heavy and slow, with very little awareness.

2. Werner looked even worse when he came on!! Although at least was a bit more lively.

3. How is it not a penalty when Kai is clearly pulled back? Seriously? How can VAR review that and see on video a defender reach out and clearly pull him back yet it’s not a penalty? We see so many weak penalties given to the ‘red’ teams which are justified by the fact there was the slightest of touches, yet something that blatant is not a penalty? Different teams, different rules.

I've defended Werner in the past due to his work rate but he was absolutely awful today . 

I think he knows he's going in the summer and in my opinion ( sorry Ham ) so should Lukaku . 

Two duds that cost a fortune . 

How Azpillicueta isn't being given the three year contract he wants just as repayment for his stalwart service whilst we're wasting billions on rubbish every year is beyond me .

Every report I'm reading is suggesting Rudiger , Azpillicueta and Christensen are off but we urgently need a decent striker and that isn't going to happen if we need to spend on two top class defenders to replace those three , we can replace Christensen with literally anyone and not see a dip but Rudi and Azpi are two of the only players we've got with any drive and will to win which are rare qualities these days .

Just now, Jonny_CFC said:

How is it not a penalty when Kai is clearly pulled back? Seriously? How can VAR review that and see on video a defender reach out and clearly pull him back yet it’s not a penalty?

Rudiger thrown to the floor at 0-1 was given against him, too. Not sure I want penalties dished out for that, but to give against the player on the floor is just silliness.

11 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

Nonsense, he didn't try to get the ball, the opposition player just moved into him.

The referee was always going to give them that pk and on VAR review there wasn’t enough to overrule. J games against smaller opposition, the referee tends to be more lenient towards the smaller team and our players should know better and play smarter. 

Mana   

We look so disjointed. This can't get any worse surely. CWC starts next week, I'm scared that this squad's going to feck it.

Floyd25   

We all know what officiating is like in this country though, dodgy is an understatement, easily swayed by crowds, easily influenced, inconsistent. 

bONes   
8 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I've defended Werner in the past due to his work rate but he was absolutely awful today . 

I think he knows he's going in the summer and in my opinion ( sorry Ham ) so should Lukaku . 

Two duds that cost a fortune . 

How Azpillicueta isn't being given the three year contract he wants just as repayment for his stalwart service whilst we're wasting billions on rubbish every year is beyond me .

Every report I'm reading is suggesting Rudiger , Azpillicueta and Christensen are off but we urgently need a decent striker and that isn't going to happen if we need to spend on two top class defenders to replace those three , we can replace Christensen with literally anyone and not see a dip but Rudi and Azpi are two of the only players we've got with any drive and will to win which are rare qualities these days .

Amen

Holymoly   
8 minutes ago, Jonny_CFC said:

Lukaku looks so heavy and slow

To be fair £300k a week buys a lot of mini eggs.

2 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

We all know what officiating is like in this country though, dodgy is an understatement, easily swayed by crowds, easily influenced, inconsistent. 

Cheats on VAR , let's not forget that.