My Blood Is Blue

Chelsea 2 Tottenham Hotspur 0

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Tottenham Hotspur at Stamford Bridge before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 16:30 hours on Sunday, 23rd January 2022 (Local UK time/date). Live on Sky Sports.

bert19   

Looking at the CFC official website, we have a two-week break between this one and the Plymouth game on Sat 5 Feb? 

VA96   
3 minutes ago, bert19 said:

Looking at the CFC official website, we have a two-week break between this one and the Plymouth game on Sat 5 Feb? 

Premier League winter break Jan 24th - Feb 7th

bert19   
5 minutes ago, VA96 said:

Premier League winter break Jan 24th - Feb 7th

Surprised we aren't being arm-twisted into playing every three days in that as well! 

Definitely much-needed for our squad.  Give them all a few days off in the sunshine or something like that.  The schedule has been pretty brutal for us since November.  

1 hour ago, bert19 said:

Surprised we aren't being arm-twisted into playing every three days in that as well! 

Definitely much-needed for our squad.  Give them all a few days off in the sunshine or something like that.  The schedule has been pretty brutal for us since November.  

Just Silva and Pulisic will be off playing world cup qualifiers, as well as Mendy still in Cameroon.

You'd expect that none of them will play against Plymouth.

bert19   
7 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

Just Silva and Pulisic will be off playing world cup qualifiers, as well as Mendy still in Cameroon.

You'd expect that none of them will play against Plymouth.

Ah - hadn't realised that! Happy to see Silva rested for such a game, but I think Pulisic is better served by sticking around and trying to make an impact with every minute he gets.  Internationals can wait tbh. 

16 hours ago, bert19 said:

Yeah, I would give them all the first week off, then the second week maybe a a few days somewhere hot for a light training camp. I’ve never seen a squad in such desperate need of a rest. I think the manager needs it as well!

8 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Spurs can afford to lose this and still overtake us if they win their games in hand. 

IF they win all games in hand. They might, but it’s unlikely.

Fortunately those chasing us all still have to play each other and at least one of Man City and Liverpool I believe.

After this we only have West Ham and Man United from the chasing pack.

Below is how many games each of the top 7 have against each other for the rest of this season, so if we can refund some fitness and form, we have the best run of fixtures and those chasing us will be taking points off each other.

Man City - 4
Liverpool- 4
Chelsea - 3
West Ham - 7
Spurs - 6
Man United - 6
Arsenal - 3