My Blood Is Blue

Chelsea 2 Tottenham Hotspur 0

chara   

Paddy Mulligan anybody?.....inflection/intent can turn an affectionate address into an insult...try saying 'Dear" with ice dripping off it or "Dear" with a smile and a hug.

I spent a few years being called "Slough"......now I know why and knew it was not an insult but an easy one to mistake if you know Slough. (Not a slur! )

Eye of the beholder indeed!

JaneB   

Matchday Officials:-  Referee Paul Tierney, Assistants Lee Betts and Constantine Hatzidakis, Fourth Official Andy Madley, VAR Darren England, Assistant VAR Adam Nunn.

paulw66   
4 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Matchday Officials:-  Referee Paul Tierney, Assistants Lee Betts and Constantine Hatzidakis, Fourth Official Andy Madley, VAR Darren England, Assistant VAR Adam Nunn.

Those names don't terrify me.........yet. 

I really hope we sign off from our break in the league with a proper good, convincing victory… the players need it, the manager needs it and the fans need it.

Its been a crap couple of months for Chelsea on the pitch, it’s been exhausting for the players and hard work for the fans to watch, but let’s hope tomorrow we can put it behind us after our first semi decent break in far too long.

Come on Chelsea!!!

• Like 1

Ro61   
19 hours ago, Holymoly said:

Which suggests it has long since passed beyond its original meaning. Like I said, you look hard enough and you can probably find offense in anything it you really want to, if that's the way you want to live your life. If no offense was intended and none taken by those to whom it was relevant, who are we to be offended on their behalf?

I am half Irish.The reason I looked it up is I have never heard of the phrase,  and was quite shocked by it's meaning.believe me I am the least polically correct person you will meet, but when you compare a phrase meaning the equivalent of 'working like blacks' I find it not acceptable.

I think I know the character of the person that brought it up,and I'm sure there was no offence intended,it was just a heads up in case someone did.Now that's the end of the matter.Lets go out and smash the Spuds tomorrow!!.

Bison   

Last minute winner for Man Utd vs West Ham. They move into 4th, 6pts behind Chelsea but with a game in hand.

Spurs are 8pts behind but have 4 games in hand on Chelsea.

Arsenal 9pts behind Chelsea but with 3 games in hand.

The top 4 race is going to be interesting.

Edited by Bison

17 minutes ago, Bison said:

Last minute winner for Man Utd vs West Ham. They move into 4th, 6pts behind Chelsea but with a game in hand.

Spurs are 8pts behind but have 4 games in hand on Chelsea.

Arsenal 9pts behind Chelsea but with 3 games in hand.

The top 4 race is going to be interesting.

We'll come good again after the 2 weeks rest.