Bison

Chelsea's forward issues

19 minutes ago, Bison said:

So teams sitting back excuses the pitiful return from £311m worth of forwards?

????  Where do you get that from.
When we win who cares where the goals come from?  And why obsess about the money - that is whinging for whinging's sake.
The big issue in our poor run of form is the goals we concede not the ones we score.
The team moved on - strikers score now, defenders don't but concede a lot more, midfielders no longer dominate possession.

You seem to be still complaining about the period when we won most games and not about the last 6 weeks.

chara   

Chelsea have no "natural" goal scorers....there are players who score goals....not the same thing...I don't need to list the "natural" scorers...from in my memory Greaves to Salah.....you know they will score..blank week?...next game locked on.

Kova scored a great goal as did the Z man today....(bounce beat the keeper as well as pure shock at a shot from Chelsea that far out!).....few and far between.....Lukaku is not in the list...a scorer of goals but as ever....two against a lower league side ain't a goal scorer to fear...Havertz scored a fabled goal....but scrapes around for goals as do they all.....Guddy?..where are you?..

Surely Hazard in his evening would still get goals ?...... couldn't be worse than what we are seeing......3-0 against Spurs on aggregate...two circus goals and a strange collision and goal......looks good on scoreline but.....

3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Plenty of players have played CF for weak teams in the prem and not scored goals like Lukaku.

Yes, because plenty of those CF were below average CF's in weak teams.

Lukaku is an above average Premiership CF. In the right team (like a good Everton team) he is a good and sometimes very good CF. What he is not, never has been and never will be is a top draw CF to lead a team to the Premiership title.

Not many Chelsea fans would have had a problem with us signing him for  £50 million as a rotation forward. It seems everyone except you, a few other fanboys of his and the clown who paid £100 million for him, can see his massive limitations as a number one forward for a top Premiership club.

13 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Yes, because plenty of those CF were below average CF's in weak teams.

Lukaku is an above average Premiership CF. In the right team (like a good Everton team) he is a good and sometimes very good CF. What he is not, never has been and never will be is a top draw CF to lead a team to the Premiership title.

Not many Chelsea fans would have had a problem with us signing him for  £50 million as a rotation forward. It seems everyone except you, a few other fanboys of his and the clown who paid £100 million for him, can see his massive limitations as a number one forward for a top Premiership club.

Guy has got 8 goals in 16 starts.  Sorry if I still have an open mind about him.

What gives you the idea you speak for a lot of Chelsea fans?
And since when has TT been a clown?

On 17/01/2022 at 3:08 PM, RDC Williams said:

It also looks like we would have been better off sticking with and developing Tammy, rather than wasting £98 million on Lukaku. 

Of course, There were plenty of us who stated that at the time. Tammy has always scored goals wherever he has played. You don’t treat assets like him the way Tuchel did.

12 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Teams sit back and you score with the extra players you manage to get in the box or from all the set pieces you get - so defenders score.

In the few games we have had where teams haven't sat, our forwards have scored.
It really is that simple, and widely understood outside this forum.

Except then for the OPs point - City and Liverpool. So you really haven’t answered the conundrum at all. 

Bison   

Update following Ziyech's rare goal last night (19/01/2022)

In a combined 3,972 minutes of Premier League football this season, the fab 5 who cost 311m have scored 13 Premier League goals between them.

When did they last score in the league?

Werner - 2nd October

Havertz - 6th November

Lukaku - 29th December

Pulisic - 2nd January

1 minute ago, Bison said:

Update following Ziyech's rare goal last night (19/01/2022)

In a combined 3,972 minutes of Premier League football this season, the fab 5 who cost 311m have scored 13 Premier League goals between them.

When did they last score in the league?

Werner - 2nd October

Havertz - 6th November

Lukaku - 29th December

Pulisic - 2nd January

I don't see your issue. 13 goals in 44 * 90 mins is not brilliant.  But not bad given you cherry picked the competition's, players and time period.

Bison   
2 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I don't see your issue. 13 goals in 44 * 90 mins is not brilliant.  But not bad given you cherry picked the competition's, players and time period.

Men lie. Women lie. Numbers don't.

13 goals in 44x90s is diabolical by any standard.

1 hour ago, Bison said:

Men lie. Women lie. Numbers don't.

13 goals in 44x90s is diabolical by any standard.

Bull - hope you know a bit more about men and women than you know about numbers.
Cherry picked numbers too, I'd guess half of them by players in AM roles (or even WB roles).