Bison

Chelsea's forward issues

13 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Guy has got 8 goals in 16 starts.  Sorry if I still have an open mind about him.

What gives you the idea you speak for a lot of Chelsea fans?
And since when has TT been a clown?

First off. You know our managers are not the people who sign players, so you full well that I was not calling TT a clown.

As for his goals 

We paid £100 million for him to score the goals to win us the title or at least seriously challenge for it.

So far, he has a goal against an Arsenal reserve team who were in 17th place. 2 against mid table Villa. 1 against mid table Villa. 1 against mid table Brighton.

In the big games he scored 0 goals against Liverpool. 0 goals against City. . 0 goals against Liverpool. 0 goals against City. 0 goals in 2 SF cup games.

That is typical of Lukaku in this country. The absolute definition of a flat track bully. The football ewuivalent of cricketer Graham Hick, who could smash to pieces average county attacks but would **** the bed when up against quality fast bowling in test cricket  Colin Montgomery in Golf won millions and 5 times Europe's top player but never won a major..Top sportsmen/women do it home and away against every level of opposition, especially on the biggest occasions.  That is what seperates the good from genuine top class. No amount of goals against crap teams will ever make up for Lukaku's major flaws as a player and his performances against the best when it matters 

We should never have paid anywhere near what we did for a player who can only perform against average or poor teams.  You know that but can't bring yourself to admit you were wrong.

Bison   
2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Bull - hope you know a bit more about men and women than you know about numbers.
Cherry picked numbers too, I'd guess half of them by players in AM roles (or even WB roles).

The numbers speak for themselves. Huge transfer fees, crazy wages, thousands of minutes played and a paltry 13 goals league goals in return.

And Pulisic is the only one from the fab five to log PL minutes at WB. That's what happens when 1) there's injuries and 2) when the player is so bad at his preferred position the manager has to try and figure out other ways they can contribute.

28 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

First off. You know our managers are not the people who sign players, so you full well that I was not calling TT a clown.

...............   You might as just say you follow no rational thought pattern other than listing a bunch of myths in order to moan.  Of course our managers are involved in the key decisions.

25 minutes ago, Bison said:

The numbers speak for themselves. Huge transfer fees, crazy wages, thousands of minutes played and a paltry 13 goals league goals in return.

And Pulisic is the only one from the fab five to log PL minutes at WB. That's what happens when 1) there's injuries and 2) when the player is so bad at his preferred position the manager has to try and figure out other ways they can contribute.

Bull.  The numbers speak, you don't understand the language.
Go find 4 players at random - one who plays CF, two who play AM and one who plays AM/WB, and find how many they score in the prem over 44 games (that is 4 players * 11 games each).
At random it would be about 13 goals.  This is not "paltry" this is just boringly normal.  
It means pick all 4 together and they will get 1.2 goals a game between them.

Unusually I will apologise a little for coming across patronisingly - the level of maths understanding required to recognise how common your stats are is actually quite high.
However if you don't have that knowledge you should avoid creating confused stats

They are encouraged to keep ball, play around the box and not to take the man on but wait for a moment to pounce, a moment which often gets lost.

For me they just need to be more direct sometimes. How many passes go from the oppos corner flag backwards and backwards until its in our own half and often back with the keeper. Just quickly get it in the box once in a  while, before they have time to regroup with 10 men behind the ball. Surprise them and create panic to see what happens.

3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

...............   You might as just say you follow no rational thought pattern other than listing a bunch of myths in order to moan.  Of course our managers are involved in the key decisions.

Go find 4 players at random - one who plays CF, two who play AM and one who plays AM/WB, and find how many they score in the prem over 44 games (that is 4 players * 11 games each).
At random it would be about 13 goals.  This is not "paltry" this is just boringly normal.  

Unusually I will apologise a little for coming across patronisingly - the level of maths understanding required to recognise how common your stats are is actually quite high.
However if you don't have that knowledge you should avoid creating confused stats

You pompous, obnoxious fool. 

57 minutes ago, RDC Williams said:

You pompous, obnoxious fool. 

Pompous, obnoxious perhaps.  But I do understand what I am talking about.  You should listen.

Despite not yet scoring Kane has done more in twenty minutes against Leicester than Lukaku has in December and January .

Ruudboy   
15 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Pompous, obnoxious perhaps.  But I do understand what I am talking about.  You should listen.

QED

Bison   
6 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

No need to apologise. You're free to interpret the numbers however you wish, as I will.

Combined mins and total goals speak volumes. We have an unproductive group of forwards. Huge amounts of money has been misspent on acquiring 'boringly normal' footballers. 

6 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Going right back to the signing of Sheva, the board have gone over the heads of the manager and signed a player they wanted.  Jose even admitted they signed players that were not his choice 

Sheva looked shot at the World Cup. Never the managers signing in a million years. 

Torres was clearly in decline when we signed him. Again, never a managers signing.

The Lukaku fee and wages made zero sense to any manager with any sense.Quite obvious  Lukaku would be a ball and chain around the neck of the manager if he didn't score tons of goals. Not good enough but still has to play him. Can't move him on because nobody would be stupid enough to pay such ridiculous wages. Countless fans from many different clubs knew all this the moment he we signed him. Are all those fans smarter about football than TT? Obviously not!