Bison

Chelsea's forward issues

On 21/01/2022 at 3:36 PM, Bob Singleton said:

Trying to be brief here...

On the whole I agree with Joe Cole, with certain caveats. We have at times moved (or "transitioned") quickly, but those occasions have been rare. Generally we are a fairly pedestrian side capable of quick, slick movements, but with too many players capable of such movement erring on the side of caution.

However, I'm not sure Tuchel can do all that much about it just now. Kovacic, Kante and Jorginho aren't going to turn into a Fabregas style player overnight. Maybe Gallagher returning next season might go some way to us becoming more dynamic? But it'll need more than just him coming into the midfield, at the expense of players who have won titles and cups for us in the past.

Personally, I think we play far better when we adopt the more fluid front three made up of any one of the following; Mount, Havertz, Werner, Pulisic, with CHO and Ziyech providing fresh legs off the bench. Of course, we play far better when everyone is available and not knackered from overplaying.

As for 'finding the right balance'... Lukaku was a mistake. He wasn't what was needed. If anything he's made the side unbalanced.

None of our players have been overplayed. It’s only defensive players who has seen 2000+ mins. City and Liverpool have attacking players in that ballpark. 

I do agree regarding Lukaku though. He’s a lazy lump who has ruined the balance completely. I much prefer us with Mount and Werner supporting Havertz. Our best side imo;

Mendy; Azpilicueta, Silva, Rudiger; James, Kante, Jorginho, Chilwell; Mount, Werner; Havertz

Lukaku was a signing on par with Kepa. Completely unnecessary and we blatantly overpaid by at least 50%. Instead of signing Kepa we could have picked almost any other GK in Europe. In the case of Lukaku we had three players who could play in his position more efficiently (Havertz, Werner, Abraham). 

But we have suffered from an attacking pov during TTs full tenure. At no stage have we looked fluent in attack - rather over-laboured and cumbersome, lacking real penetration and speed in our attacks. 

Edited by Sleeping Dave

ROTG   
1 hour ago, Sleeping Dave said:

In the case of Lukaku we had three players who could play in his position more efficiently (Havertz, Werner, Abraham). 

And replace giroud with another senior like Vardy. 

chelboy   
48 minutes ago, Freeboot-Rightz said:

Sorry the post is way off the mark. 

Werner is a klopp type player and would score a hat full goals if he were playing for him. 

As for transitions, klopp is a modern day Howard Wilkinson who’s ethos was to get the ball to the frontline as quick a possible. Hence if you look at how klopp teams play they bypass the midfield because the frontline turns the oppositions backline as soon as the ball is won. There is no pretty play just get the ball to salah and co as quick as possible. 

I don’t think Werner scores a hat full of goals in any league other than the Bundesliga. 

ROTG   
5 minutes ago, chelboy said:

I don’t think Werner scores a hat full of goals in any league other than the Bundesliga. 

You are right, however he is a Klopp player and would score a hatful if he played For klopp. 

Do you think Salah or Maine would score the same  amount of goal if they played for any other club and coach??

Edited by Freeboot-Rightz

Ham   

Broja constantly reminds me of Costa. 

• Haha 1

chara   
2 minutes ago, Ham said:

But not so good looking!

Nice goal if offside!

12 minutes ago, Ham said:

I'm trying really hard not to get too excited by Broja, because I have a horrible feeling we're going to sell him to Southampton.

24 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I'm trying really hard not to get too excited by Broja, because I have a horrible feeling we're going to sell him to Southampton.

Imagine the goodwill we will receive when we sell him to Southampton for three million and they sell him to City for thirty million a year later .

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Imagine the goodwill we will receive when we sell him to Southampton for three million and they sell him to City for thirty million a year later .

Is quite literally the scenario I can see happening!

• Like 1

Ham   
45 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Is quite literally the scenario I can see happening!

No he's not going anywhere. 

Chelsea fan who must now know that he's in with a very good chance of playing for Chelsea next year.