JaneB

Crystal Palace 0 Chelsea 1

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

Rubbish. The Liverpool way is a diagonal ball from the full back to the opposite flank ninety nine times out of a hundred , their midfield are as incapable of assisting the striker as ours .

The reason they're better on the eye is they don't have a statue and a supporting cast of non scoring attackers up front .

I couldn’t have said it better. 

2 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

Ziyech deserved his goal, easily our best player. 

Has been our best player since the turn of the year. Only bright light in a struggling,  dull team.

• Like 1

Bison   

We really needed that win. This gives us some breathing space, especially as Arsenal have two games in hand. 

chelboy   

Thought TT played it well not starting Alonso. Sarr is better to start in a game like that then bring on Alonso when legs are tired and he has less running to do. Much needed 3 points to be honest. Was Pulisic supposed to be playing the Mount role? Looked like a waste of time. Should have stuck him on the wing and Havertz down the middle. 

I’m still not convinced we are clear of a top 4 battle especially with CL returning. Arsenal and Spurs don’t have midweek games anymore. They could push on towards the end while we battle in the CL.  

Not sure we deserved three points from that. Well played Alonso with the cross and a fine finish from Ziyech who was easily our best player. Silva was solid at the back. Everyone else was underwhelming. Kante’s first half miss was abysmal. Sarr at left back is an experiment that’s run its course. 

Three points is what matters at this point of the season, But, Ziyech apart, completely unconvincing. 

Chrisb   

Loved Ziyech’s goal celebration, staring at the Palace fans after they’d been jeering him for his offside goal. Not a pretty game to watch but a win’s a win however we do it.

Bison   
15 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Thought TT played it well not starting Alonso. Sarr is better to start in a game like that then bring on Alonso when legs are tired and he has less running to do. Much needed 3 points to be honest. Was Pulisic supposed to be playing the Mount role? Looked like a waste of time. Should have stuck him on the wing and Havertz down the middle. 

I’m still not convinced we are clear of a top 4 battle especially with CL returning. Arsenal and Spurs don’t have midweek games anymore. They could push on towards the end while we battle in the CL.  

If or rather when Spurs lose today, they'll be 14 points off us. That's just too much of a gap to make up, even if they'll have two games in hand.

Arsenal and Man Utd both putting on a run is what worries me. 

Diddymen   

Is it me, or has Kanté gone off the boil a bit?. Should have scored with that shot in the first half

Thought we played okay first half - but second half was terrible. A lot of mis-placed passes. The less said about Lukaku the better, yes I know the service has been crap, but cmmon, get involved

kratos   

Romelu Lukaku had just seven touches against Crystal Palace, the fewest in a single Premier League game for a player with 90+ minutes played since this data is available in full for the competition (2003-04). One of those touches was from kick-off in the first half.

That is one of the problems 🙄