JaneB

Crystal Palace 0 Chelsea 1

Was it my imagination but was Pulisic playing through the middle and Havertz on the left? What was that about?

Unsurprisingly, Kovacic made a difference when he came on. He’s our one midfielder we can’t afford to drop.

On Lukaku. Is he actually as bad as he looks? Or is he just not trying? His movement, pace, touch, is seriously lacking. I thought it was a poor decision to sign him, but I never imagined he was this bad. Is it just a matter of waiting to see what he’s like when Chilwell and James are firing in crosses? Because he just seems totally out of sorts. Don’t know how much longer Tuchel can afford to keep picking him in the hope he plays himself into form. Then again, what manager is going to put a 100m pound striker on the bench? 

Bison   

Lukaku is everybody's favourite punching bag which is why this guy continues to get away with murder:

Screenshot-20220219-183659-01.jpg

He loses the ball every time he attempts something other than just kicking it back to where it came from. 

Just a woeful, nothing of a player really. No penalty today to mask that performance. 

Just got back. Glad to get the three points. Don't know how many more chances Lukaku will get. He is just so far off the pace. I don't get how people can be defending him at the moment. His performances tell you everything you need to know. If we'd bought an unknown for £20mil he'd not get another chance. 

3 minutes ago, Bison said:

Lukaku is everybody's favourite punching bag which is why this guy continues to get away with murder:

Screenshot-20220219-183659-01.jpg

He loses the ball every time he attempts something other than just kicking it back to where it came from. 

Just a woeful, nothing of a player really. No penalty today to mask that performance. 

He touched the ball forty times more than Lukaku 

What were Lukaku's stats from the same website , I'd bet they were miles worse .

Bison   
Just now, Mark Kelly said:

He touched the ball forty times more than Lukaku 

What were Lukaku's stats from the same website , I'd bet they were miles worse .

How about Havertz plays a pass to his striker? Or is that not allowed?

I'm sure Lukaku hates playing with the likes of Havertz and Pulisic. Both nothing players who create nothing for the players around them. 

2 minutes ago, Bison said:

I'm sure Lukaku hates playing with the likes of Havertz and Pulisic. Both nothing players who create nothing for the players around them. 

Please mate , don't defend the indefensible , Lukaku has absolutely no interest in becoming the best player he can at Chelsea , he's done .

The fact we buy players by committee and that committee has absolutely no idea what makes a good footballer and what the team needs is no excuse for Lukaku's effort .

Chrisb   
53 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

It's a two edged sword..... You need passes to get goals generally. Kovacic did more in his 15 minutes than Jorginho and Kante did in their 75.

And Sarr, decent defender he may be, offers nothing in attack, much like AC on the other side 

To be fair, Sarr’s pass was what put Kante in for his one on one. 

16 minutes ago, Bison said:

At least Havertz and Pulisic will have  needed to have a shower after the game.

chelboy   

Lukaku effort does look like it dropped today. He tried more against Palmerais. Not sure what it is with him. Sometimes he looks too fed up to even try. I can tell he’s frustrated with the service but you still have to try. Today he wasn’t trying imo. I’m not fussed about the lack of touches. That doesn’t always paint a clear picture.