JaneB

Crystal Palace 0 Chelsea 1

Ro61   

There has to be a common denominator.Why do most Chelsea managers get sacked after an initial surge?.Why are our centre forwards turned to dust after a midas touch from previous  clubs?.

Why do we look a shambles after bossing it in europe?.

3 hours ago, Ro61 said:

Jesus don't let the pundits on motd change your opinion.They have all day to come up with a narrative that suits the programme,aided and abettted by the producers.

What would be a better narrative than to beat down on an already trolled and beaten down striker of ours? It's easy, it's "obvious" and that's exactly what the fans want. 

MOTD provided an honest take of the situation. Our striker issues are far more deeper than personnel ones. People blame Lukaku for gesticulation and pointing, I blame him for not doing more of it and have a much more of a fear factor in the squad. By comparision if DD and Costa did not get some of those through balls at the right time, you can bet top dollars that they would give you a ****ing hair dryer at HT or FT. A striker thrives on the service he gets, and Lukaku has zilch. And I glad MOTD called out KAi for his slow and ponderous decision making. But apparently he is 22 so everything is fine. We really really need mount and RJ back in the line up. Players who can play the 1-2s but more importantly can whip it in rather than just try to shift the ball to their left foot and hope the defence parts in front of them so they can have a clear shot 

10 hours ago, Original 21 said:

Lukaku’s touch map in the first half today…

3E4B9B9E-A9A6-4074-AEA6-8E0F4E9133B8.jpeg

£100m and £300k/week. 

Madness. Yet again we are a laughing stock when it comes to buying strikers. No clue. 

chelboy   

For people wanting Lukaku to have more touches, what difference would it have made? If he had dropped deep and passed back to the midfield what difference would it make in general? The areas where he would have had more touches would have been in deep positions rather than advanced positions. That’s the problem. Makes no difference whether he drops deep or Pulisic drops deep. In fact I would rather Pulisic drops deep because he’s better at close control and keeping the ball than Lukaku. But in general both players want touches in advanced areas not having to come deep to get a touch. 

• Like 1

Bison   
13 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Please mate , don't defend the indefensible , Lukaku has absolutely no interest in becoming the best player he can at Chelsea , he's done .

The fact we buy players by committee and that committee has absolutely no idea what makes a good footballer and what the team needs is no excuse for Lukaku's effort .

I'm not making excuses for Lukaku; he was a peripheral figure throughout the game yesterday. We buy poorly and then wonder why players fail to love up to their billing. 

13 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

At least Havertz and Pulisic will have  needed to have a shower after the game.

Congrats to them for running around and doing absolutely nothing as usual.

Bison   
3 hours ago, didierforever said:

What would be a better narrative than to beat down on an already trolled and beaten down striker of ours? It's easy, it's "obvious" and that's exactly what the fans want. 

MOTD provided an honest take of the situation. Our striker issues are far more deeper than personnel ones. People blame Lukaku for gesticulation and pointing, I blame him for not doing more of it and have a much more of a fear factor in the squad. By comparision if DD and Costa did not get some of those through balls at the right time, you can bet top dollars that they would give you a ****ing hair dryer at HT or FT. A striker thrives on the service he gets, and Lukaku has zilch. And I glad MOTD called out KAi for his slow and ponderous decision making. But apparently he is 22 so everything is fine. We really really need mount and RJ back in the line up. Players who can play the 1-2s but more importantly can whip it in rather than just try to shift the ball to their left foot and hope the defence parts in front of them so they can have a clear shot 

I actually laughed out loud watching their analysis. They expected Havertz to have the vision and ability to play passes he has never once shown he is capable of making.

He doesn't receive the ball on the half turn nor can he play with his head up. The only pass he sees is the one where he can roll it back to wherever it came from, anything else is out of the question. He plays like how I imagine Matic would play in an attacking midfield role: gangly, no skill, extremely one-footed and no creativity.

Sciatika   

I usually watch the whole game when it becomes available on TOCWS. I might skip this one.

Jasonb   
15 hours ago, Original 21 said:

Was it my imagination but was Pulisic playing through the middle and Havertz on the left? What was that about?

Unsurprisingly, Kovacic made a difference when he came on. He’s our one midfielder we can’t afford to drop.

On Lukaku. Is he actually as bad as he looks? Or is he just not trying? His movement, pace, touch, is seriously lacking. I thought it was a poor decision to sign him, but I never imagined he was this bad. Is it just a matter of waiting to see what he’s like when Chilwell and James are firing in crosses? Because he just seems totally out of sorts. Don’t know how much longer Tuchel can afford to keep picking him in the hope he plays himself into form. Then again, what manager is going to put a 100m pound striker on the bench? 

Not your imagination I also noticed Pulisic in the middle and was having a tough time and I was also thinking why is he there and not on the left.

I think Lukaku was worse than normal because CHO was not playing. CHO actually tries to find him with his dinked crosses.

I like Havertz in the false 9 role his movement brings others into the game and opens up spaces for others to run into.

I think we also looked worse as TT decide to rest Kovacic and play Jorginho. So we lost that energy and ability to break defensive lines. Think was because of the match schedule ahead.

Ziyech is taking his chance well and notice he is also battling to regain possession more. 

Not a pretty match yesterday and lfortunate that Zaha's finishing was off.

Nice to see one of Rudiger's long range shots finally hit the target.

I'm going to go on a totally delusional line of tantalising thought right now.

City's next 3 games are Everton away, the Manchester derby and then Palace away. Potentially a couple more dropped points putting us in with a shout of the title if we can string a run of wins together? 

16 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

I'm going to go on a totally delusional line of tantalising thought right now.

City's next 3 games are Everton away, the Manchester derby and then Palace away. Potentially a couple more dropped points putting us in with a shout of the title if we can string a run of wins together? 

Stringing a run of wins together? Wasn't yesterday the first time since October we've had back-to-back wins in the Prem?