exiledblue

Thank You Roman

2 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

First Droy, then Roman....whatever next?

Droy would love to be in on all of this wouldnt he?

I think what's really impressive are the memories of how things were when he just took over and really until we won that UCL in 2012. 

I mean, everyday it was almost an article about Chelsea in a negative light and how he would:

1. Shaft us with debt when he chooses to leave.

2. Never win the UCL like a "big club"

3. Never build a functioning academy

4. Never blood homegrown players into the club

And remarkably he has accomplished everything he set out to do - and multiple times!

He really is a brilliant strategist IMO! He has proved them all wrong. He really was a remarkable owner.

I really wish this war didn't happen and obviously the situation has been so difficult to stomach but losing Abramovich under these terms really is a punch to the gut.

This was a guy who prioritized WINNING. He put his money where his mouth was. A truly determined person. He will be missed. The one constant at the club has been his dogged determination. He instilled such a culture of success at the club. It is impossible to put a financial value on that culture.

Thank you so much Roman Abramovich.

This 86 year old guy seems so utterly bland. He doesn't seem to have Roman's vibe about him. 

I think its going to be a new era at Chelsea. It possibly wont be as successful but I suppose it doesn't have to be worse either. I think keeping us successful would be easier than making us successful like Roman did.

Ro61   
4 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

First Droy, then Roman....whatever next?

Stamford the lion signing on the dole?

Edited by Ro61

xCELERYx   

Been awhile, but thought I'd pop on given the recent news.

Wasn't expecting this day to come anytime soon, but it's here now and it's still taking a bit to process. While there's a whole lot to unpack that surrounds Roman in general, what I've always appreciated since he arrived was his genuine interest in football and desire to progress the club. It's never been about making a quick buck, unlike some ownership. He's created a great foundation to be hopefully built upon further in years to come. I hope that all the time, energy, and money Roman has put into the club doesn't go to waste under new ownership. There's a great foundation that's being left to build upon further. 

That said, it' still a tough pill to swallow. By far one of the best owners we'll likely ever have, thanks for the memories. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GianfrancoZola said:

I know footballers aren't often the smartest, but someone should ask him about the well documented war crimes the owners of his former club are committing for nigh on 8 years now in Yemen.

Yemen doesn’t count for three reasons. 1. Shearer doesn’t know it’s a country, 2. Shearer doesn’t know Saudi is a country, 3. it’s not in Europe anyways so doesn’t count. 

Edited by Sleeping Dave

Bison   

Will they take down his banner at the Bridge? You know, in case it reminds Alan Shearer and Micah Richards of the tragedies happening in Ukraine. 

Rob B   

We were very close to going bust prior to Roman taking over.  Fast-forward the clock 20 or so years and I have now seen my club literally win everything there is to win in football.

Furthermore, to do that whilst creating a state of the art academy, investing in the women’s team, anti-sensitism campaigns, support during Covid and then writing off £1.5bn is quite remarkable.

Roman, I have some brilliant memories because of you, and thanks will never be enough 💙

• Like 1

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sharecast.com/amp/news/news-and-announcements/roman-Abramovich-takes-direct-control-of-evraz-stake--9240446.html

2 weeks before the invasion he bought 28% of the stocks directly in the company which makes steel for the Russian tanks. He owned those 28% share through some company before and would have been under danger of being seized or frozen. 

And people say why he is being "targetted". Or that he has no links with Putin. Wake the **** up 

asvaberg   

From Viasat (Norway) TV yesterday - pre match.

I like this photo and the merit-list :)

image.thumb.png.a3bb4492c5b0ec27a75aec8a0f2680ff.png

VA96   
11 hours ago, bONes said:

Net profits.

so if the club cost him 2bn, and he sells for 2.5bn, he’ll donate 0.5

Wrong - it's net proceeds not net profits meaning proceeds minus the cost of selling I.e. the legal costs involved in finding a buyer. Multiple finance firms will get paid 50-100m for a deal of this size so if he sells for 3bn you can expect c. 2.9bn+ to go into this charitable foundation