JaneB

Chelsea 0 Liverpool 0 (10 - 11 on penalties)

Was there much Chelsea bashing going on by sly sports what with what’s going on?

Or just the usual level of bias?

Don't care that we lost. We played great. We had intensity, fight, character. 

Yes our finishing was poor, but that's something which will happen. Each player had a great outing. Onwards and upwards. Get the 3rd position tied in. And go for the CL 

Ham   

Played excellently for 75% of that game. We got better and better after their spell in the first half. 

We've outplayed then every time we've played them whilst 11 players were on the pitch. 

Quite proud of the players.

Two incorrect offside decisions against us in my opinion. The first clear. The second was frozen at the wrong moment. 

This was easily one of our best performances this season. On another day, Mount easily scores 2 (without dissecting the other missed/ offsides issues) and we win with Tuchel hailed for his top notch selection and Mendy’s double save as vindication. 

They just need to build on this performance and hopefully it pays off in FA Cup & CL while also possibly improving our league position. I’m not a moral victory guy but they’ve done well today. We move on to the next one. By the way, I’m thankful seeing James back on the pitch. 

3 minutes ago, Ham said:

Played excellently for 75% of that game. We got better and better after their spell in the first half. 

We've outplayed then every time we've played them whilst 11 players were on the pitch. 

Two incorrect offside decisions against us in my opinion. The first clear. The second was frozen at the wrong moment. 

I’ve not seen them properly on tv yet, so they were close then? So could have gone either way?

4 minutes ago, Ham said:

Still don’t understand how Lukaku’s goal went from clear onside to offside when frames were frozen. Head scratcher. 

Can’t really blame Kepa for losing the game. We had more than enough chances before it came to penalties. Our finishing just wasn’t up to it. The main thing is we more than held our own, and really should’ve won it. Couple of calls went against us. Some of the chances really should have been converted. No disgrace to lose on penalties. It just wasn’t our day.

That performance though should hold us in good stead for the rest of the season. Sadly it’ll all be about Liverpool and the quadruple. Hope that’s the first and only trophy they win this season. 

9 minutes ago, Jonny_CFC said:

Was there much Chelsea bashing going on by sly sports what with what’s going on?

Or just the usual level of bias?

Well , other than the Ukraine business which apparently is entirely down to Roman , the match day team is , Kenny Dagleish's daughter , Ex Liverpool captain Jamie Carragher  and Ex Liverpool midfielder Jamie Redknapp and as a sot to us Jimmy-Floyd Hasselbaink.

So it started with high fiving the Liverpool players as they were walking around the pitch , condemnation of the club over the statement , not showing proper VAR assessment proving two of our goals were onside and yucking it up about the Liverpool victory 

They neglected to mention the Liverpool supporters booing the national anthem or setting off flares so all in all it had all the tropes of a Chelsea versus anyone game , they despise us and make no attempt to disguise the fact .

Edited by Mark Kelly

chelboy   
18 minutes ago, RDC Williams said:

Absolute sitters? Grow up ! You obviously have an agenda, but this is moronic ****.

Those were sitters to be fair especially the second one. He had so much time and space to pick his spot. The rest of what he says about Mount is pretty silly though I do agree.