JaneB

Chelsea 0 Liverpool 0 (10 - 11 on penalties)

Just now, Mark Kelly said:

I was just in my garden about to move my car and a football hit me on the back of my head . 

Says Wembley on it .

Any ideas?

Cheered me up a little bit haha. We go on. We have other chances at silverware and are capable of beating anyone. 

SS_89   
1 hour ago, RDC Williams said:

Absolute sitters? Grow up ! You obviously have an agenda, but this is moronic ****.

I'm sorry I've hurt your sensibilities. I'm entitled to an opinion you may choose to disagree. I think mount has been pretty poor this season and has been guilty of some particularly poor finishing even before today and ultimately it cost us today. I don't think he should be starting based on his performances. 

Edited by SS_89

Still on the way home so haven't seen any replays but at the ground no decision struck me as terrible (other than not booking Salah for a professional foul that even he surely priced in a yellow for).

Wasted too many chances in an otherwise technically sound performance. But ... You need to take chances to win and deserve to win games.

Perhaps the biggest surprise was that Werner and Lukaku weren't offside for their penalties. 

Edited by thevelourfog

1 minute ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Cheered me up a little bit haha. We go on. We have other chances at silverware and are capable of beating anyone. 

All I ask of the team is they try their best and you really can't criticise any of them today , best team lost , it happens . 

Especially when you get cheated out of it .

bert19   

Mount’s form this season has had me worried for a bit now, but today I think was the worst I’ve seen him in a Chelsea shirt. And as for the two chances he missed, one is a mistake or a lapse, two is just being cocky and not concentrating. We’ve seen similar rubbish at times this season from him and others, but he really needs to buck his ideas up. He’s been hovering between underwhelming and crap since the Euros. 
We should have won the game in normal time. Really poor finishing cost us again. Apart from that, I thought both sides played well and it was a good game overall.

As for offsides and VAR calls, I’ll just leave the attached below. If Trev does that to Keita, he’s got the pick of the showers and all the hot water he wants. He also made sure to tread on Mendy just after that without any mention. And the Lukaku goal was just levelling up the earlier call on theirs. 

And I’m with Martin on the goalie thing. That card’s been overplayed now. Mendy’s a brilliant goalie, he should be staying on from now on. (But hindsight is of course, a wonderful thing…)

C3AD87C7-0E00-4902-9DA2-62DB3133EAE3.jpeg

2B946011-E8EA-4E8F-8C74-CB183924E263.jpeg

69063328-00E2-4AE7-81D1-BC286552EE87.jpeg

Edited by bert19

SS_89   
2 minutes ago, bert19 said:

Mount’s form this season has had me worried for a bit now, but today I think was the worst I’ve seen him in a Chelsea shirt. And as for the two chances he missed, one is a mistake or a lapse, two is just being cocky and not concentrating. We’ve seen similar rubbish at times this season from him and others, but he really needs to buck his ideas up. He’s been hovering between underwhelming and crap since the Euros. 
We should have won the game in normal time. Really poor finishing cost us again. Apart from that, I thought both sides played well and it was a good game overall.

Indeed absolutely agree on mount but apparently when I said basically the same it was deemed moronic...

Edited by SS_89

Keita is definitely going for the ball.

The left one.

1 minute ago, SS_89 said:

Indeed absolutely agree on mouny but apparently when I said the same it was deemed moronic...

Not moronic. Maybe just a little OTT with your criticism.

Mount is struggling. I just think he's a bit mentally and physically worn out after playing a lot of football the past couple of years.

bert19   
3 minutes ago, SS_89 said:

Indeed but apparently when I said the same it was deemed moronic...

Suppose it’s a matter of opinion. Mine is that I haven’t seen Mount play near the standard he was at last season since…. Last season.