JaneB

Chelsea 1 Newcastle United 0

I'm sure either UEFA or FIFA have a rule that if any government is found to be interfering with the running of a football club the countries teams are thrown out of the competition.

Let's hope that happens , see how hilarious Liverpool find it when their club is chucked out of the Champions League. 

Or how chucklesome Arsenal and West Ham do.

bert19   
23 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

I totally agree. Abramovich will always be an intrinsic part of the history of the club however we need to move on. As the old saying goes, no one person is bigger than the club, and that includes the owner. Roman Abramovich no longer figures in the future of the club and we need to move forward and be fully behind the manager and players without causing any more media bias affecting morale.

I seriously wonder about the maturity of the individuals on here promoting the chanting of the owner's name during games. They seem to think that the club is more important than the war in Ukraine and machinations that led up to it. Unfortunately it will be doing nothing for the morale of the players and staff who will still be here after any change in ownership. You are only setting them up to be villified at every stadium they play at. If you really consider yourself supporters then support the club, you just sound like petulant children at the moment.

Agreed. 
We’re all being vilified enough. It’s time to stop feeding the media trolls. Just back the team - the siege mentality is fine, but it should be about the team & club now. 

Ruudboy   

So you wouldn’t celebrate past players - “When Wise, went up …”, “Double double double…”, “Born is the king of Stamford Bridge”, “Gianfranco Zola”, “Supe Frankie Lampard”, “Fabrigas is magic”?

What next? No more “Blue is the colour” (dated), “[email protected] (rude, and silly), Liquidator (pinched from W Brom and shouldn’t knock the opposition), “***k ‘em all” and “Carefree” (bad language), “One man went to mow” (nothing to do with football), “You are my Chelsea” (to close to the truth, makes me well up - I’ll sing that with a lump in my throat today).

“We all follow the Chelsea” is about all that’s left.

Chants are an important part of club tradition, perhaps because they remind us of past glories and our youth, and happier times in dark moments. It is the same with the nation - my Dad’s eyes cloud over when he hears Vera Lynn, like mine do when I hear “God save the Queen” (Sex Pistols version, I hasten to reassure you …). And yes, we are immature. Mrs Ruud swears all men are. 

There is nothing wrong with a paeon of praise for those who have gone before, and to whom we owe a debt we cannot repay, if kept in proportion. A whole match singing one song is tedious - as those present when the Shed became obsessed with “One Chelsea pigeon” a few years back - and the interminable song about Wenger’s presumed sexual predilections that bored us for match after match.

So why not give it a blast of RA up front, and then STFU about it? Good compromise? Or sing it over “Blue” at the end?

Nobody underestimates the tragic consequences of the war in Ukraine more than I, but there are two RAs: one is a dodgy oligarch, the other gave us as a club achievements to be proud of. Let us not forget that.

• Like 1

ROTG   
11 hours ago, Ruudboy said:

I’ll be there in my usual seat in the Shed tomorrow, not sure what to expect: sadness, and whole load of anger. My watering hole (Finborough) now closed, so where to go for a preprandial beer? The Sobar, Pelican, Fox and others all now either gastropubs, closed, unavailable or unattractive. My only consolation being that I saw the ****-to-glory days of my club, the mighty Blues. Will I sing Roman’s name? Out loud. Will I express my disgust at Newcastle’s ownership? Of course. Will I ridicule Shearer? Naturally. Will I be saddened that it has all come to this? Well, for sure. But this club is greater than this. We may have been let down by an owner whose past seems to have caught up with him, but we have fought back from worse situations. We can still come back from docked points. We can still recover - and we will. KTBFFH!

Shearer will not be there, however with this being a sky game Neville "who called Roman a coward" is likely to be in ears shot. Full voice rendition of Gary Neville is a [email protected]@ker followed by Romans name would probably get a reaction from the media and Sky

Nice little pop at the Chelsea, Newcastle,  PL and the Government by Oliver Holt today 

Ham   

I would wait until the club is sold and on a firm footing and the war hopefully over and then sing his name at every game. It's only harming us at the moment.

If Nike or Trivago walk because of the constant negative attention, we're definitely screwed.

Think FFS!

ROTG   
21 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Let me guess , diagonal ball from the full back bypassing midfield and using their pace to score ?

We have a strike who's game is based on those that's shame our coach doesn't see it

ROTG   
1 minute ago, Ham said:

I would wait until the club is sold and on a firm footing and the war hopefully over and then sing his name at every game. It's only harming us at the moment.

If Nike or Trivago walk because of the constant negative attention, we're definitely screwed.

Think FFS!

Mate - PL, Championship, division two, who gives a dam, the idea of a supporter is to follow the team through thick of thin as the like off leeds, afc wimbledon, derby, wigan to name a few

As for being screwed - so what the trophy cabinet says it all

One this is for sure if it goes south it will reveal the real supporters from the trophy/ draw sandwich supporters who will be move across town or up norf

Ham   
10 minutes ago, Freeboot-Rightz said:

Mate - PL, Championship, division two, who gives a dam, the idea of a supporter is to follow the team through thick of thin as the like off leeds, afc wimbledon, derby, wigan to name a few

As for being screwed - so what the trophy cabinet says it all

One this is for sure if it goes south it will reveal the real supporters from the trophy/ draw sandwich supporters who will be move across town or up norf

I give a damn!!! Why cause yourself an unnecessary problem? 

46 minutes ago, Freeboot-Rightz said:

Yes this is the silver lining of this. I would definitely prefer and hope we can remain at the level we are now (and in all honesty I believe we will, I have a "too big to fail" feeling about us and the situation, the government will want us to remain a big club otherwise they will look stupid). 

But if not, at least a lot of the "tourist" type of fans (whether domestic or from abroad) will stop attending or attend in lesser numbers and it will only be the core support left and also any of the core support who have stopped attending in the modern era might come back. Might give us a good atmosphere back!!! 

Also games and merchandise would become more affordable (presumably) if we end up outside the PL. 

I just want to see the blue team play and win matches. All the trophies were a bonus. In my first seasons of watching us I felt a feeling of success for qualifying for the UEFA Cup and getting revenge against Tottenham or beating Utd, Leeds, West Ham or Liverpool in the league was a highlight (Arsenal had our number in those days so the less said the better haha). 

Edited by CarefreeMuratcan