chara

Roman Abramovich and Chelsea FC : Sanctions

Recommended Posts

chara   

Ok I have just had a phone call from a friend of mine here who tells me, via Mrs C that the new owner for Chelsea is/will be the Owner of the New York Jets.

Let the Circus begin here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chara   

OK looked up the NY Jets.....two brothers...one was US Ambassador to UK up until last year.....so.....maybe a recent convert to our Club?

Afterthought....maybe a Forum member already under an appropriate name?:happy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RDCW   
37 minutes ago, chara said:

Ok I have just had a phone call from a friend of mine here who tells me, via Mrs C that the new owner for Chelsea is/will be the Owner of the New York Jets.

Let the Circus begin here!

Interesting that Woody Johnson is an ex US Ambassador to the UK. I wonder if he was instrumental in preventing us from building a new stadium at Battersea Power Station.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chara   
1 minute ago, RDC Williams said:

Interesting that Woody Johnson is an ex US Ambassador to the UK. I wonder if he was instrumental in preventing us from building a new stadium at Battersea Power Station.

I think our "Woody" points crossed in the ether!...... genuine question.... was there any involvement, obscure or otherwise, from the US in the Battersea episode?.....I know the Embassy was relocated but a bit fuzzy on the details.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   

If you asked me whether I'd like a Saudi owner a month ago, I'd have told you where to go but now, purely for the reaction of oppo fans and as a total f**k you to the media and politicians, BRING IT ON!

It can't be MBS because he already owns the barcodes. Everything else is, by comparison, officially acceptable.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ham said:

If you asked me whether I'd like a Saudi owner a month ago, I'd have told you where to go but now, purely for the reaction of oppo fans and as a total f**k you to the media and politicians, BRING IT ON!

It can't be MBS because he already owns the barcodes. Everything else is, by comparison, officially acceptable.  

Saudi consortium enter race to buy £3bn-valued Chelsea from Roman Abramovich
https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/saudi-consortium-enter-race-to-buy-gbp3bn-valued-chelsea/blt514be0357c6769eb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to the Mirror, Roman is said to have two conditions for anyone buying the club - continued investment in players and stadium redevelopment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^^^^^

There's going to be a lot of these sort of 'reports' in the media over coming weeks. Most will prove to be total rubbish. Best not to get too excited.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now