chara

Roman Abramovich and Chelsea FC : Sanctions

chara   

Ok I have just had a phone call from a friend of mine here who tells me, via Mrs C that the new owner for Chelsea is/will be the Owner of the New York Jets.

Let the Circus begin here!

chara   

OK looked up the NY Jets.....two brothers...one was US Ambassador to UK up until last year.....so.....maybe a recent convert to our Club?

Afterthought....maybe a Forum member already under an appropriate name?:happy:

RDCW   
37 minutes ago, chara said:

Ok I have just had a phone call from a friend of mine here who tells me, via Mrs C that the new owner for Chelsea is/will be the Owner of the New York Jets.

Let the Circus begin here!

Interesting that Woody Johnson is an ex US Ambassador to the UK. I wonder if he was instrumental in preventing us from building a new stadium at Battersea Power Station.

chara   
1 minute ago, RDC Williams said:

Interesting that Woody Johnson is an ex US Ambassador to the UK. I wonder if he was instrumental in preventing us from building a new stadium at Battersea Power Station.

I think our "Woody" points crossed in the ether!...... genuine question.... was there any involvement, obscure or otherwise, from the US in the Battersea episode?.....I know the Embassy was relocated but a bit fuzzy on the details.

Ham   

If you asked me whether I'd like a Saudi owner a month ago, I'd have told you where to go but now, purely for the reaction of oppo fans and as a total f**k you to the media and politicians, BRING IT ON!

It can't be MBS because he already owns the barcodes. Everything else is, by comparison, officially acceptable.  

12 minutes ago, Ham said:

If you asked me whether I'd like a Saudi owner a month ago, I'd have told you where to go but now, purely for the reaction of oppo fans and as a total f**k you to the media and politicians, BRING IT ON!

It can't be MBS because he already owns the barcodes. Everything else is, by comparison, officially acceptable.  

Saudi consortium enter race to buy £3bn-valued Chelsea from Roman Abramovich
https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/saudi-consortium-enter-race-to-buy-gbp3bn-valued-chelsea/blt514be0357c6769eb

According to the Mirror, Roman is said to have two conditions for anyone buying the club - continued investment in players and stadium redevelopment. 

^^^^^^

There's going to be a lot of these sort of 'reports' in the media over coming weeks. Most will prove to be total rubbish. Best not to get too excited.