chara

Roman Abramovich and Chelsea FC : Sanctions

asvaberg   

Who is the Norwegian guy you are referring to who used to own a club here in Norway? 

Ruudboy   
2 hours ago, chara said:

I must confess that I took what could be considered tainted cash directly from the hand of the Citeh owners back in the 80's and also shared some home made apple pie with a well known criminal villain in his living room. Does that make me a candidate for expulsion from the Forum and Society in general?

I think not, Chara, on the following grounds: (1) Citeh's owners in the 80s were less contentious than they are now, (2) clarity on whether you or the unidentified villain cooked the pie would be helpful (as would his/her identity), (3) you haven't to the best of my knowledge invaded any counties - at least not recently, and (4) the thought of this Forum without your erudite meanderings is simply not acceptable. They amused and counterbalanced DWMH (and occasionally others) in equal measures.

Incidentally, because I cannot think where else on this Forum to put it, I see that Nestle has pulled KitKat and Nesquik out of Russia (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60850209), which has expressed interest in hosting the 2028 European Cup (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60846465). I guess that makes up @NoblyBobly's mind whether or not to go?

35 minutes ago, VA96 said:

brilliant news this

That's good if they are really doing this. Don't want a Consortium that does all its money on the bid and then uses the club as a cash cow. Though how would we know until it was already happening, a la Utd. 

10 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I can't imagine this will change a thing

Nada, not to the situation in Ukraine or Chels. Too far down the line methinks. 

Ham   
35 minutes ago, Diddymen said:

I'm sceptical here as it's just "sources" and this hasn't been confirmed by the US or Ukrainian protagonists.

If true, one in the face for the likes of Welsh Pants MP who straight out called this a lie. 

paulw66   
4 minutes ago, ChelseaBoy said:

Nada, not to the situation in Ukraine or Chels. Too far down the line methinks. 

Could you imagine the uproar

Sanctions revoked

Chelsea sale off

Meltdown