chara

Roman Abramovich and Chelsea FC : Sanctions

Sciatika   

I know this has been said before but the issue is egress.

chara   

Follow on from my New World  vision..probably should be on the Stadium forum but a lot of crossover posting.

In the long term perhaps the game may well become less "live" attended and more of a streaming electronic viewed activity?

The up coming generations seem less and less enthused by the "Blood, Mud and Bruises" participation in "contact" sports that us Ogs remember with great affection and little real recall of the physical reality! and electronic "combat" is a lot easier and comfortable than the afore mentioned "Blood etc "

An emphasis on facilities rather than capacity might be the future and a big increase in capacity may be as much a future stumbling block to a "new SB' as was the old dog track at SB and Wembley for that matter.

My "vision" is not for the next few years but rather at a time distance when I'm hopefully giggling with Khobar at the latest CFCnet postings!

Edited by chara

1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

I know this has been said before but the issue is egress.

We discussed this during the time of the proposal including expanding the old ground. IIRC there was going to be new walkways built to the station and a walkways at the front widened to comply with the regulations?

Anyone read that the four bidders have been given more time to finalize their bids...WTF

Ham   
12 minutes ago, Phoenix Blue said:

Anyone read that the four bidders have been given more time to finalize their bids...WTF

I reckon they all wanted to see how the second leg went. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Phoenix Blue said:

Only a few extra days, though, and given how long other processes (PL and government approvals, transferring monies into whatever account is deemed acceptable, etc.) may take, it really isn't going to make a huge difference as to when we get a new owner.

xCELERYx   

We've got about a month and a half until the seasons ends, hopefully we'll see most of this sorted by then. Going into the transfer window with this still unresolved will completely take our legs from under us.

asvaberg   
5 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

We've got about a month and a half until the seasons ends, hopefully we'll see most of this sorted by then. Going into the transfer window with this still unresolved will completely take our legs from under us.

We can't sell or can't buy - can we? Those with expired contracts can leave - all others have to stay on existing contract. 

2 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

We can't sell or can't buy - can we? Those with expired contracts can leave - all others have to stay on existing contract. 

I'm thinking most of us are hoping under new ownership we will be able to buy new players once more , although with the way things are going .....

Sciatika   
11 hours ago, r.bartlett said:

We discussed this during the time of the proposal including expanding the old ground. IIRC there was going to be new walkways built to the station and a walkways at the front widened to comply with the regulations?

Exactly. You cannot have more fans in the stadium until you deal with that. Stamford Bridge is not Anfield and so there is a limit to how much you can use Anfield as a model because it requires new infrastructure before you can increase the capacity of stands.