chara

Roman Abramovich and Chelsea FC : Sanctions

Ham   

The more one read, including this latest information on the Boehly funding set up, I'm leaning towards Tom and Laura (refraining from saying the "R word" as it triggers some. 

The only downside for me is the performance of their baseball team. 

I don't understand any of it fully so I really don't care too much , it doesn't matter who it is . the media won't like it anyway . I think if I could choose it would be an owner who takes no **** from the media and fights our corner , the Jose Mourinho of owners . Lol. 

5 minutes ago, Ham said:

Well, at least they won the WS not too many years ago. Unlike my Tigers who've not won it since 84.☹️ I thought they were going to win one when they had Verlander, Cabrera and co, but it was not to be.☹️

Ham   
3 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Well, at least they won the WS not too many years ago. Unlike my Tigers who've not won it since 84.☹️ I thought they were going to win one when they had Verlander, Cabrera and co, but it was not to be.☹️

I've tried in the past to get into Rounders but I can't.  😉

9 minutes ago, Ham said:

I've tried in the past to get into Rounders but I can't.  😉

I've tried with Netball/Basketball😁Just find it so repetitive and deadly boring.

Baseball is just a wonderfully  subtle sport, though I can fully understand why others might find it slow and boring. Never been to the States, but going to a night game would be on my bucket list if I ever do go there.

Diddymen   
36 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I don't understand any of it fully so I really don't care too much , it doesn't matter who it is . the media won't like it anyway . I think if I could choose it would be an owner who takes no **** from the media and fights our corner , the Jose Mourinho of owners . Lol. 

I think the media don’t really care now - moved on. Now it’s about a liar for a PM and asylum seekers deported to Rwanda (a story to deflect attention of Johnson breaking the law). 

I would be surprised who ever wins will get much coverage at the the front end of the news

Eugene Tenenbaum and David Davidovich have now been sanctioned. Davidovich is the one to whom Abramovich transferred the yacht he owns that was in dry dock on the very day Russian soldiers crossed the Ukrainian border.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/foreign-office-chelsea-fc-government-roman-liz-truss-b2058239.html

Ruudboy   

I've been waiting for that ... even though he's a Ukrainian.

"Tenenbaum emigrated to Canada as a child, in 1975, and holds a bachelors degree in commerce and finance and a degree in economics from University of Toronto, from where he graduated in 1987 with distinction. He qualified as a Canadian Chartered Accountant with Price Waterhouse in Toronto where he worked in the audit department from 1987 until 1989.

From 1994 until 1998, he worked at Salomon Brothers, and was a director in the corporate finance unit of the investment bank. Prior to that, he spent five years in corporate finance with KPMG in Toronto, Moscow and London, including three years (1990-1993) as National Director of KPMG International in Moscow. From 1998 until 2001, he was the head of corporate finance for Sibneft (Siberian Oil Company) in Moscow, then co-owned by Abramovich." - Wikipedia

Will the government sanction everyone who works for a Russian organisation, then?

2 hours ago, Ham said:

The more one read, including this latest information on the Boehly funding set up, I'm leaning towards Tom and Laura (refraining from saying the "R word" as it triggers some

I think you know that digging people out will annoy them much more than saying the name Ricketts.

The major downside for me is that the sports team they own is in a complete state. Seems crazy to me to consider that minor.

I think the appeal of them, not that I favour their bid, is how much wealth they themselves have. I am wary of too many parties having an interest in us. That is a dampner on Boelhy for me, rather than the source of the funding.

Edited by thevelourfog

23 minutes ago, Ruudboy said:

[SNIP]

Will the government sanction everyone who works for a Russian organisation, then?

On the day Russian troops entered Ukraine, Abramovich transferred many of his assets to both of them. Do you think the government should just ignore them?