chara

Roman Abramovich and Chelsea FC : Sanctions

13 minutes ago, Erland Johnson said:

Strange day. Was excited when Ratcliffe entered the ring so now finding it hard to be excited about Boehly even though he was the one I wanted to win yesterday.

Stay excited because Ratcliffe's bid blows the others out of the water! So clearly the owner we need that something  very fishy will have gone on if he doesn't win.

Sciatika   

I preferred Boehly and still do over the other candidates because I prefer his vision for the club as evidenced by the various things I have seen so far. Ratcliffe may be a better offer in money terms but I would much prefer an owner with a clear vision and I know almost nothing about what Ratcliffe is proposing (apart from being happy not to make a profit). When I listen to someone making a bid, I consider what happens if something goes wrong or if the people behind it have a change of mind. I think Boehly has a vision that can ride stormy waters as well as calm. Ratcliffe, I am not so sure of.

RDCW   
3 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I love pineapple on Pizza .

There.

I've said it .

We can never be friends.

RDCW   
6 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

I preferred Boehly and still do over the other candidates because I prefer his vision for the club as evidenced by the various things I have seen so far. Ratcliffe may be a better offer in money terms but I would much prefer an owner with a clear vision and I know almost nothing about what Ratcliffe is proposing (apart from being happy not to make a profit). When I listen to someone making a bid, I consider what happens if something goes wrong or if the people behind it have a change of mind. I think Boehly has a vision that can ride stormy waters as well as calm. Ratcliffe, I am not so sure of.

It seems extremely odd that Ratcliffe's supposed bid has come to light at pretty much the same moment as Boehly has apparently been chosen. It smacks of falsehood/gamesmanship/brinkmanship.

5 minutes ago, RDC Williams said:

It seems extremely odd that Ratcliffe's supposed bid has come to light at pretty much the same moment as Boehly has apparently been chosen. It smacks of falsehood/gamesmanship/brinkmanship.

We also have to bear in mind that Ratcliffe previously said CFC was too expensive at £2.5bn...

"His brother Bob, who is head of Ineos' football division, told the BBC in 2019 that the main reason a takeover of Chelsea did not take place previously was because of how far the two were away from each other on valuation."

But today it is worth £4.25bn?

13 minutes ago, RDC Williams said:

Yeah,my thoughts too.

Seems odd that he would bid so much more than all the others too.

If he was serious, why wait so late?

Ham   
43 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Stay excited because Ratcliffe's bid blows the others out of the water! So clearly the owner we need that something  very fishy will have gone on if he doesn't win.

2 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

We also have to bear in mind that Ratcliffe previously said CFC was too expensive at £2.5bn...

"His brother Bob, who is head of Ineos' football division, told the BBC in 2019 that the main reason a takeover of Chelsea did not take place previously was because of how far the two were away from each other on valuation."

But today it is worth £4.25bn?

He is apparently bidding exactly the same as the others. £2.5bn with a promise of an additional £1.75bn investment in the stadium and squad. 

The media rebadged it as a £4.25bn offer. 

Ham   
2 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Yeah,my thoughts too.

Seems odd that he would bid so much more than all the others too.

If he was serious, why wait so late?

By all accounts he's been the mysterious "5th bidder" all along and had noted his interest in march. Not sure how true that is but even though Raine Bank have put Boehly forward as the preferred bidder, and if the JR offer is genuine, I still wouldn't rule out RA ultimately preferring JR as the ultimate curve ball.