chara

Roman Abramovich and Chelsea FC : Sanctions

Ham   
18 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Can you imagine if he ended up as owner and we did all our transfer business like this? 😉

Yeah I can just see him traveling over to oversee the February transfer window. 

36 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

You know who is the idiot ?

The person who thought making a last second pitch to the wrong party was a good idea .

He's clearly not an idiot, so there's got to be some good reason why he went about it in this way. 

19 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

He's clearly not an idiot, so there's got to be some good reason why he went about it in this way. 

My guess is that  he will have bid for Utd or Spurs within 12 months and he has bid for us as a dry run, with every intention of losing. Not much else makes sense.

I’d be looking along the lines that SJR, being an extremely shrewd operator may well know how to play this one out, talking with the Government reports say. 

Wasn’t he reportedly involved with some level of discussion previously as regards a purchase of us? Might even have a hotline to the boss?

30 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

My guess is that  he will have bid for Utd or Spurs within 12 months and he has bid for us as a dry run, with every intention of losing. Not much else makes sense.

A Chelsea ST holder making a bid for Spurs???

As for Utd. If Chelsea is being sold for 4b+ then the mind boggles at the price the Glazers would want for Utd. They'd probably be wanting 6b+.

I am just very curious as to why Ratcliffe would almost double his previous offer. Sure it's a big decision, but that is not a big increase its a wacking great big  one, even for someone as wealthy as him. It makes me think he knows something that nobody else knows about. 

Edited by boratsbrother

On 5/3/2022 at 7:55 PM, boratsbrother said:

15 years ago Boyle was a brilliant, edgy comedian who was not afraid to have a laugh/go at everyone and everything. But times have changed and no comedian gets a TV gig anymore unless they are or become a full on woke bore and Boyks is just that these days.😟 

No coincidence that as TV comedy has gone so completely woke and bland, it's become less and less popular to the point where nothing makes anykind of impact anymore.  😟

Exactly. The 16 - 24 age group are completely ambivalent to linear TV channels, hence the struggling and ultra woke BBC bringing back BBC3 and launching Britbox as they try to stay relevant. The BBC and C4 are chock full of this type of comedian and it is just so boring. I dumped my license last year and haven't looked back. 

10 hours ago, East Lower said:

To keep some equilibrium, let's not forget it was politicians from all parties giving out before the UK Government saw fit to impose these sanctions.

Same set of politicians (all parties) who 3 months ago awarded themselves a 7% pay-rise. Where's inflation at now, yep 7%!! They've all had "so much more work to undertake, since Covid" apparently.

Mods - trying not to make politics the issue, but providing some background info. 

Yes and the cost of indian takeaways has gone up :) 

7 hours ago, Soed90 said:

Last year we made £76.3 million in operating cash flow for example. We also have a whole lot of assets who's not directly involved with the first time now we could look to sell. Gallagher, Colwill, Broja, Gilmour etc etc. That quartet there would raise a significant amount of money for example.

Now I don't think you can make a lot of money and compete with Chelsea FC right now but that is another question.

I'd rather sell Pulisic and Ziyech than Gallagher all day long. 

1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

Can you imagine if he ended up as owner and we did all our transfer business like this? 😉

Are you sure we aren't doing our recent transfer business like this? We have bought a number of players who only turn in a performance once in every three games and a couple (not mentioning any names) who have done next to nothing. 

Ro61   
11 minutes ago, ChelseaBoy said:

I'd rather sell Pulisic and Ziyech than Gallagher all day long. 

I would swap Pulisic,Ziyech  and throw in Jorginho for a young Luka Modric.