chara

Roman Abramovich and Chelsea FC : Sanctions

5 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

I believe we can "give" them 10% of the tickets

Well we bloody shouldn't be , **** 'em 

So what happens to Roman’s property in the UK? Is that seized and sold and the proceeds go into the governments coffers? Is that even legal? Isn’t that the kind of thing they do in… Russia. 

Soed90   

As far as I understand it the club can only be sold if Roman hands over control of the sale and funds from it the goverment.

I think there is about a snowballs chance in hell that happens. And if the goverment can't sell without that we are heading into Admin at 300mph here.

Flinkers   
2 hours ago, Bison said:

Details of the special license here:

In section 4 and 6 it sounds to me like we could still theoretically sign Saul as well as recoup money from any purchase obligations/options we had existing prior to today. That money would go on to the books but is ring-fenced until the sanctions are lifted.

Player contracts run until June 30th apparently, so contract renewals could be agreed in advance, signed on June 1 and still be legitimate. Assuming the asset freeze is not extended past May 31.

Section 9 only applies if Roman Abramovich was looking to benefit personally from the sale, which has already been addressed in his last statement. Any possible sale still comes under Section 6.3 and 7 in my opinion.

ROTG   

If I was a reporter I would ask the likes of Boris, how the women and children of Afghanistan are doing, after the west decided to jump ship and give the country back to a regime who’s is human rights are appalling and support terrorism.

I guess it irrelevant as Afghanistan has no assets.  

Edited by Freeboot-Rightz

3 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

So what happens to Roman’s property in the UK? Is that seized and sold and the proceeds go into the governments coffers? Is that even legal? Isn’t that the kind of thing they do in… Russia. 

There's a big difference between assets being FROZEN and assets being SEIZED

Currently it's assets being frozen. That means no purchases or sales. No financial transactions of any sorts. His properties in the UK remain his. He just can't sell them, rent them out or come into the country to use them.

The club can't rush out a statement. The restrictions placed on the club today haven't been fully thought through and are subject to review. 

As for Dorries' statement that they don't wish to cause any unnecessary harm to the club, what does she think these restrictions will do, other than harm the club? 

And she is quoted as saying they wish to prevent RA from profiting from his ownership of the club. Has she taken a look at the balance sheet of the club since he took over, to see how he has profited? He must have run up profits of minus £1.5bn in his 19 years in charge, and last year ran up profits of minus £150 million. 

Thick as mince.

Too many things going through my head to try and get down in writing, I just don't know what to say.

I'm hoping someone somewhere sees sense and realises this is not an acceptable thing to do. The only people that are really going to suffer out of what they're doing to the club are the fans and the club employees (and I don't mean the players). So many people are now at risk of losing their jobs because of this and for many fans football is an outlet for them to get away from other stresses and worries they have in normal life. It is shameful for the government to not just impose sanctions on Roman, but to impose sanctions against a football club. I would suggest the Government get their own house in order before they start smashing up ours.

At an extreme worse, this is the beginning of the end of our club... if we can't make money for a considerable length of time and we can't offer players new contracts then we'll potentially hit a point where we can no longer function and will be forced into administration or worse, entirely fold.

However, the most likely outcome seems to be that the club will be sold off, to who I have no idea, but at this point, I just want someone that can keep us running and I'll worry about any future golden days later. I love this club and that never changes no matter how we perform on the pitch... but I just want us to still be a club.

I doubt we'll get much of a performance out of the players tonight, I imagine the vast majority of them will have been on the phone to their agents pleading with them to find them a way out of the club asap and the focus will be far from the pitch. As for Tuchel I feel so bad for this guy, he's done so well since being here against, with so many issues to contend with and now he has this to put up with and he'll no doubt be the one to have to field all the questions that he cannot answer. I wouldn't be surprised if he just walks away sometime in the next few months.

Where do we go from here? I don't know. I do think we'll be sold when that will be who knows, but for the benefit of our club and all the employees, it needs to be as soon as possible.

I would imagine right now, a bunch of extremely well-paid lawyers are sitting down looking at this and working out if they can not just get us out of this, but also go after the government in some way. Roman will be gone, but I don't think it will be the last the UK government sees of him.

9 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

I thought Chelsea was owned by Fordham PLC and not Roman directly...

The ultimate parent company of Chelsea FC plc is Fordstam Limited and the ultimate controlling party of Fordstam Limited is Roman Abramovich. Directors: Marina Granovskaia, Guy Laurence, Eugene Tenenbaum.