chara

Roman Abramovich and Chelsea FC : Sanctions

Bison   

Exciting times ahead in my opinion. The Boehly consortium was by far the best of all the bidders so thankfully it didn't go to anybody else.

Just a word Todd , just say no to Pogba .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Just a word Todd , just say no to Pogba .

Thing is, another big club will sign him on a free because his shirt sales will cover his wages, so financially its risk free. The guy is a talent who should have been up there with the best of the last ten years, but he's been nothing short of a huge disappointment and waste of money at Utd.

Soed90   

At least we have a new owner and don't risk administration or relegation.

Can't say I love the owners but hoping for the best. I don't think there would be much celebration if the true frontman of this bid (Eghbali/Clearlake) was the media frontman as well but clever from them.

A bit interesting that the statement about what they would like to invest the £1.75bn in did not mention the first team or continuing to compete for biggest trophies in any way. 

11 minutes ago, Soed90 said:

At least we have a new owner and don't risk administration or relegation.

Can't say I love the owners but hoping for the best. I don't think there would be much celebration if the true frontman of this bid (Eghbali/Clearlake) was the media frontman as well but clever from them.

A bit interesting that the statement about what they would like to invest the £1.75bn in did not mention the first team or continuing to compete for biggest trophies in any way. 

No doubt most of those at Clearlake are only interested in making money. I would be very worried if they were the only people running the club, but fortunately we know that Boehly is a genuine sports fan and is not in this just for money. So I am positive he will do whatever he can to make Chelsea successful in the years ahead.

Soed90   
1 minute ago, boratsbrother said:

No doubt most of those at Clearlake are only interested in making money. I would be very worried if they were the only people running the club, but fortunately we know that Boehly is a genuine sports fan and is not in this just for money. So I am positive he will do whatever he can to make Chelsea successful in the years ahead.

True, I like Boehly the most out of anyone involved. But Clearlake is the majority owner at, at least 60% and the Boehly-consortium that includes at least four individuals share the remaining 40%.

So not confident Boehly will have all that much influence in the end.

23 minutes ago, Soed90 said:

They did say "for the benefit of the club". I don't think there's the least bit of interest in them naming the women's team, academy etc. but not the men's team. It's only an issue if you're looking for issues.

Everything the statement says, specifically the money ring-fenced for investment, is reassuring. Guess we just have to see if they practice what they preach.

Really happy about this agreement, let's hope the players can react today and get three points.

On 06/05/2022 at 8:07 AM, Sciatika said:

I don't understand a "journalist" who wants to silence other points of view. The only possible outcomes are either that they say nothing that has unique insight and they remain uninteresting or that they will, at some stage, be silenced.

That has become the norm these days. Silence or cancel anything that goes against the "groupthink" 

28 minutes ago, Soed90 said:

True, I like Boehly the most out of anyone involved. But Clearlake is the majority owner at, at least 60% and the Boehly-consortium that includes at least four individuals share the remaining 40%.

So not confident Boehly will have all that much influence in the end.

Boehly has been the public figure and driving force behind the bid which indicates the other people in the consortium have complete trust in him. There's not going to be a single individual ruling the roost, so I can see Boehly having as much influence as anyone else and I'm sure he'll continue to be the public face and one of the main drivving forces on the actual football side of things.