chara

Roman Abramovich and Chelsea FC : Sanctions

chara   
14 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

I wonder how the Mirror would know?

Hmm....don't forget MT that Mirrors have a long record of mysterious knowledge...... ask Alice and The Wicked Queen Stepmother ...they can certainly attest to that.

chara   
2 hours ago, Ham said:

My gut says that the "lots of interest, bids pending" releases are coming from the Chelsea side/Raine Bank and that the "we're looking to buy Chelsea" stuff is coming from time-wasters and attention-seekers. 

"Bids pending"...rather like awaiting the postal order in the mail.

This is not a "fire sale" with an urgent need for a cash result.

Attention seekers etc........ I guess if I went to pms I could raise a "Consortium of Forum Members" preparing to make a bid for the Club ! (Pm me if interested.."We could be contenders")

kratos   
1 minute ago, chara said:

Attention seekers etc........ I guess if I went to pms I could raise a "Consortium of Forum Members" preparing to make a bid for the Club ! (Pm me if interested.."We could be contenders")

I'll check my sofa. Must have a few quid about.

chara   
1 minute ago, kratos said:

I'll check my sofa. Must have a few quid about.

See.....this could be something BIG!

3 hours ago, Sciatika said:

RA's track record is that it does.

Thats true!

But I do feel under these exceptional and somewhat worrying times, he might have told some staff about those issues to allay some fears about Chelsea's long-term future.

Chrisb   
1 hour ago, chara said:

I’ve got an “emergency” fiver in my phone case….this sounds like just the emergency I’ve been saving it for! Count me in!

• Haha 1

chara   
3 minutes ago, Chrisb said:

I’ve got an “emergency” fiver in my phone case….this sounds like just the emergency I’ve been saving it for! Count me in!

Wow...I feel like Chris in "The Magnificent Seven".......now we are Three!

"From tiny acorns Mighty Oaks grow."

• Thanks 1

ROTG   
7 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

European ideals

Didn’t cut the mustard with this kingdom, hence BREIXT

17 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

I wonder how the Mirror would know?

Paul Foot (the late, great investigative reporter at Private Eye) was asked how he became such a great reporter. His answer; "People phone me and tell me things" 

Of course he's being slightly disingenuous, but that's how many stories start. Someone who knows something phones a reporter. It's how the Post Office/Horizon scandal became known. Someone at Fujitsu noticed a problem that wasn't being addressed by the PO or Fujitsu, so they told a journo at Computer Weekly. Not much happened bar Private Eye reporting on the story. Their (at first) sporadic reports led to sub post masters/mistresses who were getting accused of theft/false accounting etc., supplying them with more information. Unfortunately it took over 10 years of increased reporting before anything was done... but it all started with a phone call (or maybe an email).

Unless you tell nobody - absolutely nobody - your plans, then at some points little bits will leak out.

ROTG   
8 hours ago, paulw66 said:

as well as all of those [email protected] MPs. 

Especially the one who’l was not capable of prosecuting the likes of Jimmy Saville.