chara

Roman Abramovich and Chelsea FC : Sanctions

chara   

A Simple Tale..

During WW11 a young man and his wife left rural West Wales and moved to London.....gravitated to watching football and Chelsea at SB....in the fullness of time he took his son to SB.

That son became a good friend of mine and in turn took me..as an abandoned in a football sense child....to SB early in the season that led to relegation and the Tommy Doc resurgence.

My story is not amazing or spectacular and I am sure is mirrored in many forms by most on here and the Chelsea faithful. 

That is the true story of Chelsea...not an interim episode now,it seems, leading to the destruction of a great Club...as they all are..from grass roots to International Champions.

Some greedy Land Speculator?....a Get Rich Spiv?.....No...the freely elected Government of a Democracy.

George Orwell might well have been on to something...you think?

• Like 2

Diddymen   
1 minute ago, Erland Johnson said:

Sunday will be an interesting atmosphere!

Indeedy

anyone got a spare ticket? :)

3 minutes ago, Diddymen said:

Indeedy

anyone got a spare ticket? :)

I think you can just walk in now 

Diddymen   
1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think you can just walk in now 

Like the good ol days in the late 80s when  security would open the main gate in the second half 

Ham   

Like the good ol days in the late 80s when  security would open the main gate in the second half 

They used to open it before the game also for the right price. 

Diddymen   
2 minutes ago, Ham said:

They used to open it before the game also for the right price. 

Back then, missing the first 45 mins wasn’t a huge loss 

Ham   

Back then, missing the first 45 mins wasn’t a huge loss 

Or the other 45 😂

I don't think I ever thought I would see the day that the UK government would suddenly sanction a club and basically bully its shareholders into doing what it (the UK goverment) wanted it to do. 

It seems surreal. I wish there was legal recourse available to Roman. I can understand if he had been charged with something.. but other than the claims made against him, he has been thoroughly thrown out. 

This is such a shameful disgrace. And for PR purposes, everyone attached the club can't say a word about it either!

Its painful. We are supposed to pretend we hate Roman Abramovich and are ungrateful for everything he helped us accomplish! 

I really do feel bad for the Ukraine. I follow the news twice a day to see what's going on with them - but it just doesn't sit well what's being done to Roman Abramovich. And I have to say that Pat Nevin and Frank Lampard have disappointed me as well.

Is it suddenly illegal to say something pleasant about Roman? Is he suddenly a proven war criminal? City and Newcastle are backed by billionaires who dish out millions and Chelsea are being forced to sell to guys with not nearly as much financial backing and may not serve our best interests and make us unable to compete! 

This is a heartbreaking situation IMO. Pep Guardiola was very strong in his backing of City when they were recently accused a year or two ago.. Thomas Tuchel isn't able to say a word about Abramovich! 

• Like 1