chara

Roman Abramovich and Chelsea FC : Sanctions

1 minute ago, JaneB said:

Rio Ferdinand: " This is nothing but a direct attack on Chelsea Football club.  This isn't about Roman Abramovich anymore".

Absolutely cannot abide the bloke but what a shame some of our high profile supporters aren't brave enough to say this :-(

Fair play to him. In stark contrast to Virtuous Pat.

JaneB   
4 minutes ago, Diddymen said:

Don’t want to get too political here, but it doesn’t really matter what the tories do (or don’t do) Johnson’s mob will still get voted in - in large part because they have the media in their back pockets, as is the case currently with how things are reported regarding Chelsea.

As a labour supporter I am quite surprised how Starmer and co have played to the public on this without any shed of evidence.

No please don't.  I appreciate it's impossible to discuss what's happening at the moment without getting into a wider political debate but there is a limit.

Floyd25   

I suspect this is fake and talkSPORT are using a paid actor, as they have done before. But either way what hysterical nonsense, such a drama queen. I don’t care if you were there in the 60’s and know Gary Chivers. You’ve had no problem supporting the club with Roman owning it before this, now you’re blubbing and running to Sutton United..cry me a river, has to be fake, typical talkSPORT set up. 

https://talksport.com/football/1062075/chelsea-fan-tears-roman-Abramovich-crisis-sutton-united/amp/

Edited by Floyd25

Diddymen   
5 minutes ago, JaneB said:

No please don't.  I appreciate it's impossible to discuss what's happening at the moment without getting into a wider political debate but there is a limit.

Apologies Jane

Edited by Diddymen
  • Thanks 1

chara   
7 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Rio Ferdinand: " This is nothing but a direct attack on Chelsea Football club.  This isn't about Roman Abramovich anymore".

Absolutely cannot abide the bloke but what a shame some of our high profile supporters aren't brave enough to say this :-(

Not my favourite player,pundit or person but if he can see it.......with his past family history and Chelsea why no absolute outrage from fair minded folks let alone the Football World ?

RA basically made no money from Chelsea and separating him from Chelsea (is that so hard to see?  or do?) has no real impact on his life. Anyone in his position is able to close the door on the affair and walk away without noticing any real financial pain...in fact it saves him cash.

If "controlling" interest in other clubs were treated that way...look no further than Man Utd , as an example only, a cash cow would be taken away..

So...HMG as it stands today can boldly claim to have set up the destruction of a Football Club but whoops...sorry..we are unable to pull the World back from possible self destruction.

19 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

I suspect this is fake and talkSPORT are using a paid actor, as they have done before. But either way what hysterical nonsense, such a drama queen. I don’t care if you were there in the 60’s and know Gary Chivers. You’ve had no problem supporting the club with Roman owning it before this, now you’re blubbing and running to Sutton United..cry me a river, has to be fake, typical talkSPORT set up. 

https://talksport.com/football/1062075/chelsea-fan-tears-roman-Abramovich-crisis-sutton-united/amp/

The poor chap is going to have to leave the country when he finds out that at the same time Abramovich was part owner of an industrial steel company, the UK was signing off contracts for British businesses to sell actual lethal arms to Putin. 

Back your bags mate, you can't remain in a country with Ukranian blood on its hands. Either that or stop reading and believing the gutter press. 

chara   

Re running to "another" club..... no true Chelsea fan would say/do that.

If Chelsea do go under I will still watch the game I love and have got so much from over a lifetime but will never have the same emotional connection with any club.

When Leicester did so well I watched their games....not as a bandwagon thing ,I enjoyed their style...I watch Citeh now because of the way they play....win or lose once the games are over no lingering joy or depression.

Same with Championship promotion races...or relegation battles....but basically not affected by results...that is my possible football future....I hope it doesn't come to that but somehow I feel there are "interests" here willing the demise of my Club...and I don't mean the football fans.

18 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

The poor chap is going to have to leave the country when he finds out that at the same time Abramovich was part owner of an industrial steel company, the UK was signing off contracts for British businesses to sell actual lethal arms to Putin. 

Back your bags mate, you can't remain in a country with Ukranian blood on its hands. Either that or stop reading and believing the gutter press. 

I don't know a single person who listens to their faux outrage virtue signalling nonsense , I gave up years ago when idiot shock jock Adrian Durham went back on his pledge to support any British side in Europe when he decided he wanted the best footballing side to win when we played Barca , the stain.

Edited by Mark Kelly

4 hours ago, exiledblue said:

Dump Newcastle and buy us. Shearers face would be priceless

Think my face would fall off. They can keep them.

Ham   

Was going to post this on Positivity Corner but it's been closed so.....

Assuming we are sold to a decent owner soon;

1) Much of the negative media bile has been in relation to our Russian ownership. Maybe we'll get better treatment without that simmering resentment.

2) We were never going to build a new stadium under Roman.  That's back on the cards.

3) Our new owners will be allowed into the UK!

Feel free to add your own.