chara

Roman Abramovich and Chelsea FC : Sanctions

5 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

The most important bit is left to the end of the article;

Saudi Media are a private company with no ties to the Saudi royal family and pride themselves on employing a large number of women in an effort to improve the country's human rights situation.

Won't matter a jot though. Anyone Saudi will be seen as a supporter of a human rights abusing country. We will still be seen as a vile, sports washing entity.

Go for the Yank instead!

16 minutes ago, Everyonesallowedanopinion said:

7- Club branded tea towels will finally be available

Edited by Mark Kelly

22 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Won't matter a jot though. Anyone Saudi will be seen as a supporter of a human rights abusing country. We will still be seen as a vile, sports washing entity.

Go for the Yank instead!

Well If rather it be someone like Matthew Harding,  but if we have to go for the Arab money , a modern company with no ties to the Royal family is preferred.  

chara   
13 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Go for the Yank instead!

At least we wouldn't be the only EPL club so branded!  Shame shared!

With the track record of Yank ownership maybe that isn't such a good idea.

Our Football is not the National Passion in the USA it is around the World.....a Saudi interest, or from elsewhere, would at least,hopefully, see the game at a World/National level,not the "business investment" embodied by the Glaziers et al.

I am heartened by the last paragraph refering to the Saudi interest.

I have been privileged over the years to meet many real men and women from countries torn by conflicts and ideologies...many have been voices of reason and despair at the situation in their homeland.

These voices are often lost or ignored by the "righteous". 

15 minutes ago, chara said:

At least we wouldn't be the only EPL club so branded!  Shame shared!

With the track record of Yank ownership maybe that isn't such a good idea.

Our Football is not the National Passion in the USA it is around the World.....a Saudi interest, or from elsewhere, would at least,hopefully, see the game at a World/National level,not the "business investment" embodied by the Glaziers et al.

I am heartened by the last paragraph refering to the Saudi interest.

I have been privileged over the years to meet many real men and women from countries torn by conflicts and ideologies...many have been voices of reason and despair at the situation in their homeland.

These voices are often lost or ignored by the "righteous". 

Yes, our football isn't that big in the USA, but it is the world game and that's a big enough pull for American's. 

Also, Fenway have done a good job running Liverpool, so not all US owners have been like the Glaziers. And even the Glaziers have still given the UTD managers huge amounts of money to spend.

Ham   
16 minutes ago, Bison said:

You couldn't make it up. 😂

I'm hoping Chelsea FC will agree to withdraw from Ukraine immediately.  

• Haha 2

Just now, McCreadie said:

Hyundai off the Christmas card list.

I feel sorry for the kitman. He’s going to be up all night unstitching things.

Anyone seen this? Absolutely horrendous if it happened. 

The Government seems to be taking a hard line in its licence negotiations with Chelsea.    It appears to be willing to make only marginal concessions, for example on away travel costs and the renegotiation of player contracts..

Clearly it wants to make an example of a high profile oligarch.  It is being egged on by Labour MP Chris Bryant who has occupied the high moral ground and has asked more commercial sponsors to distance themselves from the club.

Indeed, Bryant wants the Government to go further and 'seize' the club, I.e., nationalise it.   This would be a first in football and give Nadine Dorries an even bigger role (although I notice that technology minister Chris Philp has been making statements for the Government).

https://footballeconomyv2.blogspot.com/2022/03/government-gives-it-large-to-chelsea.html?m=1